La Vie en Rose

• Be aware: La Vie en Rose does not give regular wage increases. Long-time veterans with La Vie en Rose had never received a single raise while I was with the company. They also utilize a punch card system that rounds your punches to the nearest 15 minutes.

I worked at La Vie en Rose for about a year as part-time. Initially, my position was fun and engaging, with a variety of duties and activities to keep me interested in the company, and supportive management that recognized achievements, including customer satisfaction (not just overall sales). With a change of management, I felt completely devalued. My hours decreased, despite my performance and reliability remaining consistent. Customer satisfaction was overlooked for sales numbers, and duties I had been performing just months before were deemed too complicated for my position to handle. In addition, management had a tendency to adopt a 'do as I say, not as I do,' policy - without clocking out for a break, they would disappear for any length of time; closing duties would be overlooked based on the employees opening the next day; long lunch breaks would be adjusted within the punch card system; etcetera. It was very discouraging.

I don't know if this was simply a case of poor management, or a reflection on the company itself (the district manager was sometimes directly involved in the actions taken by the management). Either way, it was very unfortunate.

Posted on 7 October 2011 by Rater #10 | Flag as inappropriate