Best rated employers in this industry

1. Groupe Stavibel
  2. Golder Associates Ltd.
  3. BRP
  4. GENIVAR
  5. BPR

Kiewit

Industry: Architectural, Engineering & Related Services

• Kiewit is an effing joke!

Why this place hasn't been sued constantly for sexual harrassment, homophobia, sexism, workplace harrassment and bullying, underpayment, and very simple provincial and federal workplace hygiene standards is completly and utterly beyond my comprehension.

Kiewit is a sinking ship; they will fail miserably in the coming years becasue of zero recognition for work. Turnover is already at an all-time high. And when they do fail, it will be sweet justice for all those employees who felt under-utilized and bullied enough to make the right decision and quit.

Posted on 8 March 2011 by Rater #13 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I strongly agree with comment 2. Well put.

Posted on 23 October 2011

I totally agree with you, been an intern for them in Ontario and I've just been left by myself as If I should have known what my job was as they never even told me what my responsibilities would be when they hired me. Honest people are very rare at Kiewit's everyone's just trying to get a better position asap no matter who they have to burn to get there. In fact it is an effing joke, I wonder why so much harassment and shit goes unnoticed for everyone in this company.

Posted on 18 October 2011

They make profit off the sweat of their employees. These employees are told they need to work hard to prove themselves, of course with no overtime paid. Yet when they do work hard, no rewards are given. Only a few select engineers are given any perks or praise while the remaining 90% of the staff receives little.

It is a negative environment that focuses on peoples weaknesses. Management doesn't even have a clue of how to encourage people or try to get the staff performing to their potential. Instead they focus on faults and weaknesses.

By the way the only people making any money is District Manager level and above. For the rest the stock program is smoke and mirrors. The bonuses are a complete joke, as is the stock program.

They spin a good story of hard work which leads to riches. Which simply isn't true. Hard work leaves to nothing left at the end of the day except exhaustion.

Posted on 4 April 2011

What has kept them from going completely out of business, up until now?

Posted on 8 March 2011