ISM Canada

Industry: Call Centers, Customer Service

• I was selected to be interviewed and be flown down to Vancouver. They set the time at 4pm. Plane was set to touch down at 11:30, so lots of time. The day prior i get called at 4pm and told they interviewers didn't want to interview me that late and changed it to 12:30. That made it tight. Landed in Vancouver, rented a car and got to their office with 5 minutes to spare through heavy traffic.
    I show up to the office. Completely empty. No receptionist. No where to go look for someone. All doors are locked. Finally 15 minutes later the receptionist shows up. Tells me to wait. I wait another 15 minutes then a group of people come in the front door with their take out bags of wherever they were dining at. They are the interview panel. They tell me to wait. Around another 10-12 minutes they come get me.
    The interview goes find. I think it's one of my better interviews. No real curve balls or anything tricky. The lead interviewer walks me out and we are chit chatting. He asks me what i plan to do for the rest of the day. My flight is not till 8pm (remember the interview was originally scheduled at 4pm). So i tell him i plan to visit a friend and maybe go to the mall. He then ushers me out and un-ironically says to me in an annoyed voice "I'm glad you can have a great time on our dime" and slams the door shut on me.
    Really unprofessional and uncalled for. Especially considering they booked the flight then last minute changed the interview time. They knew i was coming and went out for Lunch and made me wait for almost an hour after i had to rush from the airport to meet the appointment time.
    I'll always remember this guy. I never got the job and i believe this guy sunk it for me. I was already an ISM employee and this behavior was more common than naught in my time working there. I've never been disrespected in any job interview like i was at ISM.

Posted on 16 June 2020 by Rater #63 | Flag as inappropriate