ISM Canada

Industry: Call Centers, Customer Service

• WARNING! Do not work here! The compensation is great but it's NOT WORTH IT. On almost every criteria, this company is toxic for employees. Despite being unionized, there is very little support for employees. ISM is good at evading union structures and imposing changes the union cannot mitigate. The union itself is slow to respond to crisis. Internal employee information and communication is inconsistent, out of date and incomplete. Managers lie and employees have to dig to find out what company policies actually are. Many managers have been promoted at least one level above their area of expertise and have no people skills. Do not expect normal relationships with some managers because they are insecure, less educated than many of the employees and known for bullying. Cronyism is rampant so you won't find professional success unless you make the right connections and fit in with the right people. Many employees work from home but if you work onsite and especially if you work for one of the call centres, you can expect sexism, racism and homophobia. That all said, there ARE good people here and if you network you can find them but if I knew a few years ago what I know now I would NOT have stayed this long. Consider yourself warned!

Posted on 6 November 2015 by Rater #42 | Flag as inappropriate