ISM Canada

Industry: Call Centers, Customer Service

• I have no comments, it's all in the head. I think ISM is going downhill, and this is them going from black to red.

Posted on 19 May 2014 by Rater #38 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

IBM are also changing their role dramatically. They have now dealt all their Server industry over to Lenovo. Studies showed that Lenovo can build and sell the average server for 25% less than IBM while maintaining quality because IBM had so many levels of management and too many divisions and hoops to jump through that their costs made building servers at a competitive level nearly impossible.

Posted on 26 September 2014

If you read all the posts made about ISM, you begin to wonder why the company is trying to kill the golden goose. Recently the position of Manager for the Service Desk has been a revolving door. Does anyone wonder why? Could it be that this is now the scapegoat position for those higher up the food chain? If you have been at ISM in BC long enough you know exactly who is making the real decisions and then used others as scapegoats for the serious issues that are happening. Time and time again, it has been made clear who the real problems are at ISM. Are these people still with the company? Yes, they are still with the company and are still destroying moral and this account. The rotten apples are not just at the team lead level but go well up the food chain past the Service Desk Manager level. At this point, staff just come in, do their job and leave. There is no loyalty to ISM beyond a paycheck. Do the Health Authorities know what is going on? I suspect they know exactly what is going on. Does the union know what is going on? Up until recently, the union did not seem to care what was going on. At the moment, the union has full knowledge of what is going on and are not at all happy. I suspect the union will use all the dirty deeds that have gone on since ISM took over this contract to take all they can get and more at the next bargaining session. So to sum it up ISM has the union on one side angry with them and bringing out the knives and the Health Authorities on the other bring out the clubs. What will it take to appease both groups? Fire all the senior managers? Get rid of those team leads and supervisors who are destroying moral? Hire professional management? Stop the assumptions that promotion is based on who you are friends with rather than qualifications? The answer might very well be all of the above and a lot more.

Posted on 21 June 2014