INTELLIGARDE

Industry: Security

• The only company you wanna work at....complete private law enforcement company....as Security Guard...yes they pay low comparatively and lacking the opportunities to advance...but this security agency is the only one does the job 100%. You need back up ever you get in trouble? They will send up to 5 units to back you up and arrest the suspect. Many security companies work for the money. This agency carries the best contracts and treats their employees 100% best respect, provides full training and does the job 100% --- You can actually earn a Security Officer diploma at this agency, considering the quality and quantity of courses they offer to all employees. Doesn't matter if you work part time or full time, you have all the opportunities to advance at this agency. Don't miss your chance and apply right away!!! They the best. I know it.

Posted on 15 October 2014 by Rater #37 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I understand that you had bad experience with them...but you can make ez thousands per month after working lets say 90 hrs per wk...you think you can earn this good at any contracting security company? Respect? When you work for someone....don't expect respect....expect orders. Regardless if you work well...they don't give you an amazing position anywhere unless you hold masters. This company actually cares to see you at the office and they love helping their employees. Lots of respect when they deal with their employees. Their top priority is love and respect for their employees.

Posted on 28 December 2015

Man...you awesome!!! You are definitely the guy to look up to for anyone who needs support entering the field and staying in this industry. I definitely agree with everything u said. However, I would say Garda and Paragon are two best established companies and they still growing. You are darn right about strong candidates required. My understanding goes that we need a very strong Security Academy in Canada which will include all active and prospective Security Guards, making all Security Guards fully trained to do the job well. We should have strong Security Officer degree program, which will include strong academics as well as physical courses...resulting in a professional private Security Officer. This in turn will help Security Officers work at the quality of Police Officers and produce the best results in private law enforcement across the nation.

Posted on 12 December 2014

As with any security company, it is hard to find dedicated staff. The margins fell out of the bottom a few years ago. Contracts want the same level of service, reduced guard numbers and lower price per hour.
All security companies are facing this situation. so with lower hourly rates paid to them, they pay a lower rate to their guards. when you do that, you are leaving yourself open to employing guards that have less knowledge, less dedication and are more likely to cause HR and scheduling nightmares. Security companies need to maintain their contracts, keep revenue flowing. They will take on just about anyone to keep those contracts.
Now saying this, it doesn't mean that there aren't quality guards working out there. Much of the industry does have good guards, and this company does too.
Security companies need to be competitive, offer quality training, employee support, benefits and strong leadership. Management isn't about what goes on at the office, but field management is needed to ensure the guards are doing their jobs as per the contracts, and per company policies. That is lacking.
Intellegarde is a decent mid sized company. Around 800 employees between Ontario and Manitoba. it has experienced growth and industry fallout, poor quality of applicants, and lack of overall industry standards. All security companies have and are going through this.
Strong field management would help in a big way. Quality training, more than three days and two days field training is needed.
Although most use security as a stepping stone to careers in public law enforcement, there is nothing wrong with having a career in security. Some do. It can be a rewarding career. The direction of public law enforcement is changing, and drastically and within the next 3-5 years, private law enforcement will be called on to do more in partnership with public law enforcement.
Advise to current employee here, do your job. Be smart. Don't do anything that would jeopardize your reputation or call into question your credibility.We all started at the bottom and worked our way up the ladder.
I am not an employee of this company. Never have been. I know the company well though. I know it has problems with staffing and some leadership issues. I am an observer of the security field, member of security associations and a former Police Foundations and Security Guard course instructor.

Posted on 11 December 2014

First off, a company being understaffed is good for us. Getting paid lots of o/t is definitely a benefit. Why? How else would we get (comparatively) rich in security? Better money we have...the better we r to live a more wealthier life w/ enjoyment!! You right now are saying to me o/t makes the company look bad cause they understaffed...guess what....we don't care...as long as we benefit...the better it is. Period. Security is not a career but if in a step of the ladder to career you make decent money compared to working shitty jobs such as cashier at McDonald's or selling timbits at timmy's, you definitely shd b happy working for Intelligarde cause there are soo many companies that will pay u straight time if u volunteer to do more for them....Intelligarde is best for great pay overall!!!

Posted on 4 November 2014

Man, I agree with what you say. However, I want to know why do you say this company ain't soo great. Wat problems did you face while working at this company?

Posted on 4 November 2014

Just because a company offers OT all the time, does not make them a "good" company. It just means they are understaffed. It means they do not have enough staff to fullfill the hours inwhich they have commited to. It means they can not hold on to staff. When a company offers so so much and delivers so little, they will lose staff and result in a very high turnover which is not good for any company.

Posted on 4 November 2014

Okay well I understand what you are saying...but can you tell me what you found wrong with this company while working for them besides min. wage? They offer overtime man. All the small companies....they won't have a single big of o/t for u. My friend did lots of o/t for these guyz...why wd you say they not good?

Posted on 4 November 2014

Apparently you are either new to the industry and have yet to see how a "real" company operates, or you are a member of the management and are posting a great review to counter act the terrible ones. Regardless, this company is not the best. They are far from it. They do not have the best contracts out there. There are many other companies that have much better and higher paying contracts. You can get a security license cert. anywhere. Dont put all your eggs in one basket, setting yourself up for disappinotment.