Best rated employers in this industry

1. Lenovo Canada
  2. Cisco
  3. Matrox Electronic Systems
  4. Kodak
  5. Dell

IBM

Industry: IT: Hardware, Networking

• To remain competitive in the marketplace, IBM has had to change some of their business strategies that result in it being a less favourable place to work than it was in past years. Having said that, IBM still has a strong culture of diversity, respect for the individual and doing the right things for its customers. When compared side-by-side with other customer contact centres, IBM holds up well on many fronts. If it's being compared to IBM of the past, things are definitely different, but this is true for most if not all corporations.

Posted on 7 July 2009 by Rater #18 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Lets be clear. IBM's culture of diversity serves no purpose other than to ensure that IBM does not get hauled up in front of the human rights officials on charges of discrimination. If IBM executives thought for one moment that they were immune to prosecution or the total cost of any such law suit would be more than off set by a huge profit made by ignoring discrimination laws they would do away with any such policy. To IBM; employees are commodities to be used when needed and discarded with not needed. Gone are the days when the employees is valued as an asset to be invested in.

Posted on 30 July 2012

This original post must have been by a manager or planted mole. I would NEVER tell anyone that IBM is a good company to work for since 1990. One that has not worked there could never, ever believe what it was like and how you were treated. If you do like working for a company that you have to be in a cliche, (or click), then this is the ass kissing, sucking place for you to be. I worked with some of the most talented people you could ever imagine and they were treated like shit. But you could be a complete F.U. and if you were in the click, you got taken care of. There just is not enough time or space to have to be able to say or print all the crap that IBM has done to it's people and it's rep today. I just hope I live long enough to see the company cease to exist.

Posted on 1 June 2012

Yes , the managers are treated like "crap". All I can say is , what goes around "always" comes around.!!

In reference to your comment: She's a good person ... I have not seen one manager at IBM that was a good person,.,,, why?... Any "good" person would not treat people the way these managers have been treating workers for years ,, would you?... I assume , NOT!

Posted on 12 January 2012

Even the managers at IBM are treated like crap...I've watched my Director change dramatically since the acquisition, she's stressed, afraid and upset way more often. She's a good person, but in a shitty company who values cash more then anything else. (...).

Posted on 28 May 2010

No , Maybe we could sell them the north pole lol :)

Posted on 13 February 2010

as for the commenter, lol, I'd like to look them up so I can sell them some swampland in flo, lol

Posted on 29 January 2010

I agree with the commenter...the person that posted this original statement clearly must be management...they're the only ones not treated like slaves.

Posted on 29 January 2010

Respect for the individual? Is that why they hire contracted workers for half the price of their regular employee's? Is that why over 90% of the workers are contracted ones? Is that why they don't offer health care benefits to contracted workers ? Is that why they hired new employers and paid them a dollar more any hour?" Unfortunately, you must hold a management position within the company because you clearly are ignorant to what the workers are enduring.... If you believe , IBM holds respect for the individual then," I assume, you must also still believe in Santa"!!

Posted on 15 November 2009