home depot canada

Industry: Call Centers, Customer Service

• 14 years too long!!! have always been rated as an "outstanding associate" however the yearly pay increases never reflect my hard work and knowledge. (.25 cent raise hmm ...might be able to buy some food for the cardboard box I will be living in soon) I am a fool for continuing to allow this "legal slave labour" to take over my life. I am now physically ill from the air quality within the work environment corrosive dust breathing into my lungs from the many products. Mentally I now struggle to cope with the stress driven down from DS's senior management, and the customer's who take out their frustrations on you... even had items thrown at me. management acts like they are better than you, they be-little the staff. Home Depot started out as a company who cared for their associates... now they can't wait to replace you with a CHEAPER MODEL... their communication's are the worst I have experienced!!! My best advise is stay away from this place... DO NOT WORK HERE... THE WORST PLACE TO WORK unless you want to destroy your life. They only care about the bottom line. and have steered a complete 180 from what this company was founded on. Respect is non-existant ... they don't care about their associates...
    My advise to Home Depot... happy associates = happy customers. its that easy! respect your people, pay the Home Depot associate what they deserve because right now Your people live in their parents basements!!! and those who rent elsewhere can no longer make ends meet, some are being evicted from their homes! I too can not make ends meet anymore ! at my wits end! I come from a background of management (16 years) was happy with Home Depot for the first few years -could not wait to go to work! This has now become the worst 14 years of my life and can't wait to get out!

Posted on 11 February 2015 by Rater #33 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

very typical for sure ....25.....35.....every year...almost an insult!!!!

Posted on 28 May 2015