• Working at Horizon has been a wonderful experience thus far. Being part of a company that is a leader in innovation for many industries, particularly oil and gas, is both inspiring and exciting. Before being hired here, I had worked at other jobs where I was micromanaged and given little to no opportunity to demonstrate any other skills I possessed or how I could be of greater use to the company. I can genuinely say that Horizon is at the complete opposite end of the spectrum. I am given the freedom to work independently and use my professional judgment on a daily basis, and I strongly feel that my knowledge and opinions are valued. It is a great feeling not only knowing that I can rely on other employees for their expertise and guidance, but also that they rely on me. I think a successful company focuses on teamwork, but also allows individuals the space to solve problems in their own way, and Horizon is no exception. No doubt, the work environment can be fast-paced and stressful at times, but it is also an environment that challenges your skills in a way you may never have encountered before. For me, it pushes me to strive for excellence, and each day is far from boring. I wouldn’t want it any other way. I can see the growth potential for my career at this organization, and I truly feel I am part of a company that will forever change a heavily criticized industry and province, for the better.

Posted on 6 May 2016 by Rater #13 | Flag as inappropriate