Best rated employers in this industry

1. YWCA
  2. Canadian Blood Services
  3. BioTalent Canada
  4. CAA-Québec
  5. APCHQ

gs1 canada

Industry: Non-Profit

• With exponential growth in the past few years there is a natural requirement to reorganize and hire for emerging specific needs which is cause for some (not all) of the turnover.

While there is an element of truth to many of the negative comments on this site (many from disgruntled past employees), there is also some significant upside for those who perservere to be the change they want to see for themselves and those around them.

I've been at GS1 for a few years and I've seen the good and the bad. Some of the positives that I have recognized are:
    1. An immediate boss who is solid and is someone that I genuinely respect
    2. A great corporate approach to work life balance (working from home, stat holidays, Chistmas Office Closures, Snow days during bad weather -yes snow days, staff bbq's, sumer work hours, and health benefits that cover health clubs or sports leagues
    3. Promotion from within - opportunities are there for those who actively pursue and deserve them.

Clearly others may have had different experiences and that's understandable. This has been mine. Amongst the negatives that do exist and have caused me grief in the past, there are still some very cool perks and real opportunities to be had.

Posted on 28 January 2013 by Rater #26 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

What a load of tripe. Shameful is too weak a word to describe the horrible treatment many past employees had to endure. Bullying runs rampant. Senior management and head consultant peddle self serving delusions. Featherbedding abounds. Head consultant rides roughshod over staff while managing a trio of senior citizens known as the "innovation Team" that have no oversight but rake in major dollars. Maybe the board needs to find out.

Posted on 9 February 2013

It would seem that a professional GS1 Canada website is not an emerging specific need. Much better to keep one that looks like a high school student designed it ten years ago. Why would management spend money on that when they can spend on themselves and go on another junket together.

Posted on 1 February 2013

Clearly written by the main receptionist!!!!!

Posted on 29 January 2013

Hahaha. Obviously planted by the exec team.

- Smells and spells like the management team experience = someone missed their outlook training
- exponential growth = negative growth
- natural turnover requirement = disorganization = downsizing
- element of truth = 25+ negative ratings
- disgruntled = past + previous + future employees
- significant upside for those who "persevere" and block the change they "do not want to see for themselves = management team
- I've been at GS1 for a few years = you are the problem
= Snow days = sick days for reporting
= Staff BBQ's = mandatory Waldo get together sessions
= summer work hours = not for everyone
= health benefits = capped at less than 50% cost
- Promotion from within = perks and opportunities are not equally applied nor advertised to

Posted on 29 January 2013

Hahaha. Obviously planted by the exec team.

- exponential growth = negative growth
= Staff BBQ's = mandatory Waldo get together sessions
= summer work hours = not for everyone
= health benefits = capped at less than 50% cost

Posted on 29 January 2013

Hahaha. Obviously planted by the exec team. Good try. As someone who received better treatment than those not in favour by directors/VPs and as someone who, like the supposed writer of this post, took advantage of the opportunity to promote, I can still happily say I am not working at GS1 Canada. It's truly a shame. Such potential!

Posted on 28 January 2013