Best rated employers in this industry

1. wordans.com
  2. Swimco
  3. Cintas
  4. L'Oréal
  5. Aldo Group

Groupe Aldo

Industry: Textile, Clothing, Leather, Lux, Cosmetic

• Worked in HQ, IT Department for the last year and was given good challenges with significant impact on the company. IT might be a bit different than other departments, certainly less influenced by the fashion trends and people, yet we have to deal with all other deparments and I haven't found anyone too stupid or not involved enough to sabotage our projects. So that was nice (or normal actually). Team work and atmosphere was among the best I had in the last 10 years of experience, and I work with fun, smart and qualified people. I had to pull a lot of hours off to get a project delivered on time, with some pressure for sure, but was allowed to take some days back which was greatly appreciated. I do believe Aldo tries to keep his people happy. Works with me. Works for my family.
    HQ premises are gorgeous, food is quite cheap yet healthy, diverse and great quality, there are sport facilities on site, you can relax outside and spend a little time gardening just next to your office during lunch break. You also get private sample sales twice a year, a lot of good stuff to bring back home for a really good price (beside getting all year employee discount)
    On the not so fantastic sides, Aldo could make some effort on making smarter investments in IT hardware and software, would help focus on added-value projects instead of projects that only help fixing existing stuff for another 6 months or so. You could argue that compensation is not among the best we've seen in the Montreal area, but they tend to make somme efforts to attract the right people and hopefully keep them. I obviously know nothing about the conditions in the retail stores themselves and I can understand it's a completely different challenge there.
    So my final thought for HQ: Working hard has paid off for me so far. On many aspects, the best company I worked for over the last 10 years.

Posted on 10 July 2015 by Rater #66 | Flag as inappropriate