Green Earth

Size of company: Small (1 - 49 employees)

• To begin, this employer deserves less than one star.
    I worked at the Orangeville GE store, omly for about 8 weeks (that's all I could handle) but it is absolutely the worst job I've ever worked.
    I was immediately hired as a supervisor because the previous one had recently quit, and apparently this location couldn't keep a supervisor for more than a couple months at a time.
    The manager was the worst part of this job. She constantly would discuss the other employees personal lives, employment, potential termination, and reasons for past terminations with me, which is actually illegal, but I didn't realize that at the time. She consistently gossiped about the other employees, putting them down and making fun of them right to me, I was disgusted. Her employees weren't the only ones affected, though. She would also talk badly about head office and other stores, saying at least 3 times a week, "head office is run by a bunch of idiots", which to be fair is not false, and making fun of managers at other stores when they didn't reach their daily goals.
    She would constantly steal sales from her employees (GE works on KPI's) but then proceed to tell us head office couldn't track her sales, seemed like a lie considering she always stole sales..

All in all I would never recommend working at this location, or really for Green Earth whatsoever. They do not care about employees, the hours are horrible, you get treated like garbage if you don't make enough sales, and they have a 'make 3 mistakes and you're terminated' rule. Go work anywhere else it will be better.

Posted on 12 February 2018 by Rater #11 | Flag as inappropriate