GRC / Gendarmerie Royale du Canada

Industry: Government and Public Administration

• As others have said, management is incompetent and ego based. Very little interest in the worker. Rules, and procedures change to suit and protect the image of the RCMP. Bullying to make you comply is common. Occurences which would "kill" a normal business, happen on a dailly basis and is swept under the vail of secrecy. Read the Brown commission report or the Senate Commitee report.The tax payers need to ask for the truth about how badly run this place is.

Posted on 6 May 2010 by Rater #13 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Spent 30 years in NPS as a CM and enjoyed the challanges. Any troubles I had were with field RM's retired to HQ for "medical issues". As they had no more uniform-based power any more, they'd try intimidating staff who knew infinitely more about what was going on then they did. We "understood" their need for power and respectfully tolerated them. The CM management had all come up through the ranks and had just a great respect for their ex-co-workers. It was a great place to work.

Posted on 14 November 2011