Les meilleurs de cette indusrie

1. Groupe Stavibel
  2. Golder Associates Ltd.
  3. BRP
  4. GENIVAR
  5. BPR

GENIVAR

Taille de l'entreprise : Grande (Plus de 500 employés)

Industrie : Architecture, Génie et Services connexes

• Genivar's growth has far exceeded it's managements ability to develop the business. Acquisitions meant to create new synergies and open new business areas have largely failed as area and regional managers, like petty medieval fiefdoms, jealously protect what is traditionally theirs. Meanwhile missing out on larger opportunities because of poor communication and even actively discouraging partnering with new acquisitions because we don't want to pass work (even that we are incapable of anyway) to a different business unit.

Yes, we have bid on projects in our area, only to find that we are bidding against our own company from another part of the province. In many cases we have used sub-consultants rather than our own staff at other locations. all this does much to contribute to the atmosphere of general chaos, as new acquisitions are swallowed up and efficiency gets lesser.

As for the working environment, the main Alberta acquisition, EXH, had a policy of cheap capital or leases in industrial areas. This has not changed with the new owners. Do not expect a professional environment outside Sherwood Park (Edmonton), Calgary or Red Deer. You will find yourself working in poorly lit converted warehouses with office furniture from the 70's still in the rotation.

The company puts little more than lip service into supplemental training. Reimbursement for a conference or course is agony. When the stars do align and management agrees that training is required it is often limited to too few people or to a cheaper, less appropriate version of the same course. In field offices there is very little opportunity for advancement. Attracting talented people is nearly impossible. No one is fired, ever, but many talented people leave.

Publié le 17 février 2012 par Évaluateur #1 | Signaler comme inapproprié

Commentaires

Agree to most of the comments here. I would discourage anyone from applying at GENIVAR.

During my short time in Manitoba, 25% of my dept co-workers departed. Rapidly I saw evidence that senior management was severely broken. Old boys won't consider improvements while they just shuffle papers.
Western VP needs to mine P&L for indicators and acknowledge the patterns of lost financial opportunities. Skill, energy and innovation continue to walk out the door along with their customers.
HR was much less than helpful.

Publié le 11 avril 2013