Gap

Industry: Other Consumer Goods & Services

• It's unfortunate that a worldwide company has so little to say about how the individual stores are run. When I interviewed all my requests were met with a "no problem," but as soon as I signed the contract became null and void and I never was the gm or hiring manager again in my three weeks there. I interviewed for a part time position and said I needed 20-30 hours and that I would need my schedule two weeks in advance. Knowing all this I was offered a position and immediately scheduled for three 3hr shifts per week - what a waste of time. Their schedules for the week come out the previous Friday so for an adult with other responsibilities it is just not a viable employment option - particularly when there are children involved. And one of the weekly shifts is an on-call shift so you may not be working at all - you still need to pay childcare though. The management has no interest at all in new employees and training is provided by other employees. The management will not take responsibility for any shortcomings or omissions. I don't understand how that location can afford to keep the dead weight of a management team.

Posted on 9 June 2011 by Rater #6 | Flag as inappropriate