Elemental Data Collection Inc.

Industry: Call Centers, Customer Service

• I have been working there 9 months now and I have had zero trouble. I come to work and follow the rules and no one has bothered me.

There are however many young adults that works here that this is probably the first job they ever had. I would put money that 99% of the complaints that I read on here are from them.

When you gain a little bit more maturity, you will learn that you actually have to work when you show up for work.

Yes some supervisors and monitors don't have the finesse skills yet. They are also young and I am sure also under the gun to perform. Like any other workplace.

I was shocked when I read some of these comments because it was not my experience at all.

Sure I beg some people to complete a survey with me. Chances are they do and I get all the shifts that I want.

I guess if you are going to apply there, you should have a bit of maturity. They probably hire too many individuals that live in their parent's basement and never really had to work until now. It's going to be a culture shock for sure.

I associate mostly with other employees of my own age there and they don't have much of a complaint except for the hourly pay which will increase on June 11.

If you feel this is a tough place to work, wait till you get a real job. Any employer will ask that you perform and not take extra breaks and stuff.

Advice: Stay in school. Try Tim Horton's or MacDonalds. This will job is a breeze compared to a chain.

Posted on 29 April 2014 by Rater #81 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I agree with this post. I am sure most complaints here are from individuals under 25 that think the worlds owes them and should not work for their money.

I work here for a part time additional income job. I am in my 30's. I have not problem with anyone or the work.

Of course they want you to work hard. That is how they make money.

I follow the rules and have nothing bad to say.

Posted on 28 January 2015

"There was indeed a core of us who didn't mind the job and had no problems whatsoever with supervisors/management. That is because we focused on the work at hand and did it well. We were largely left alone because of it."

I remember that there were people who actually didn't mind it there. That must have felt good to not have been harassed at work! When others around you are being treated poorly, and some are picked on unfairly, it's my personal belief to stick up for everyone's rights. You can use your privilege to advocate for those around you.

Posted on 28 November 2014

As someone who worked here for about 8 months (and then moved on to something much better, so I have some perspective) I do not think this review was written by management. There was indeed a core of us who didn't mind the job and had no problems whatsoever with supervisors/management. That is because we focused on the work at hand and did it well. We were largely left alone because of it. Even now that I am in a relatively cushy position, I do not look back with malice at my time with EDCI. It was a minimum wage job, and much better than going home caked in fryer oil/sweat night after night (which, incidentally, I also did at one point).

Also if you think management is trawling the internet making fake posts on employer review boards, you are delusional. EDCI is well aware that most employees leave on bad terms, and is also aware that their main value proposition is providing extremely low-cost 'just get it done quickly' types of market research. They do not care about employee satisfaction because they can rely on a certain proportion of employees performing well due to intrinsic motivation and just firing the rest. It's not Ipsos Reid, it's a low-grade research firm that other research firms hire to carry out work they don't want. Bodies in, bodies out. If you can accept that this is a highly tolerable job for short periods of time.

Posted on 15 June 2014

This review is complete BS and was obviously written by the owner or someone highly involved with the company. Nice try there trying to make people look like they are lazy, when in reality it's the employer that offers a garbage job.

Call centers are generally bad jobs, but EDC inc. is the bottom of the barrel.

Posted on 9 June 2014

I disagree, I have worked at Tim Hortons and few other tough places and not a day went by when I worked at this dreadful place (Elemental Data) wishing to go back to my previous jobs. I have no problem working hard for money and infact prefer it that way since that is what I am used to. I like being kept busy. This place was just a bad work environment overall.

Posted on 2 June 2014

The problem isn't that the work is hard, it's that the employer itself has no respect for its employees, even by call center standards. I've had several jobs (including another call center in the states, which was much more respectful than this place.) I quit this one when the semester ended and went back to working construction, so I have no problem with working hard for my money, but I do have a problem with the kind of work environment they provide at Elemental DCI.

Posted on 1 May 2014