Elemental Data Collection Inc.

Industry: Call Centers, Customer Service

• I like it here. Its great for what it is.

Posted on 8 January 2014 by Rater #74 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

As the other person said, it is illegal for them to just cancel a scheduled shift upon your showing up. If they try do to so, you just say "no, I was scheduled today and by law I can work" and they will find something for you to do. HR at this place is not dumb, they know the law and won't break it.

They can _ask_ you to go home, but you don't have to agree. You're entitled to work at least 3 hours when scheduled in.

Seems like most of the "problems" people have with this place stem from their own ignorance. If you're going to join the workforce, it's up to you to be informed.

Posted on 23 January 2014

They can't cancel your shift upon arrival. Sounds like you were just bad at your job and they sent you home cause they didn't want to pay you to do nothing.

Posted on 22 January 2014

Please show some self-respect and don't "like it" there. I worked there because I had to. They treat you without respect and cancel your shifts upon arrival sometimes. They don't like you, for what it is.

Posted on 22 January 2014

yes hey do have the right to discuss my French in private and in a respectful manner. I heard them saying some very rude things. and they weren't discussing it privately they were basically saying it and laughing in the hallways. imagine how awkward that felt. its not that I care if they say I have a bad French or whatever but its the way of saying it. you cant talk behind someone's back publicly and laugh and be disrespectful.

Posted on 21 January 2014

Nope, And I have trouble with my french and still do surveys fine. The manager and supervisor have every right to discuss your french in private. They are responsible for quality control.

Posted on 17 January 2014

I am about to start work here at elemental and I can already tell it wont be a pleasurable experience based on the reviews here and of my own experience over there during the training/orientation session. I had overheard a supervisor talking behind my back about my French competence levels in a disrespectful manner.
my question would be do they even pay you better if you are bilingual since it was apparent that it was an important asset to the company since hardly anyone speaks French over there.

Posted on 17 January 2014