EARLS

Industry: Accommodation, Food Services

• I was hired at Earl's (BC) and after a week of training/working straight, and being told nothing but appraisal and that I was very competent and doing a good job, I was out of the blue pulled into the manager's office and fired. I asked why, having never even been told I had don't something wrong, and he said you just don't fit here. Of course I thought that was a bullshit answer so on my way out I asked another manager, who seemed very surprised I had just been fired and herself said she didn't know why as she thought I had been great and showing wonderful enthusiasm. About a month later, a friend of mine told me her friend worked there and she had told of a girl who got fired after a week because one of the servers, who was also sleeping with the head manager, was intimidated. After a little detective research we figured out this girl was me. So in the end, I was fired because a bullshit server decided she didn't like me and well because I wasn't sleeping with him and she was. Such a bad place to work, favourites are definitely taken, and the atmosphere is so competitive and each man for himself. Nobody works as a team and everyone is always putting others down. Wouldn't go back if I was given the chance for double the wage. If you have self respect work somewhere else, where they will actually care for you!

Posted on 10 April 2016 by Rater #28 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

"Not a good fit" is a catch-all term used when they want to get rid of someone but don't have a justifiable reason to do it. Someone just didn't like you, or you made them nervous somehow. People will even make up sh*t to get you fired if they want you out of there. Happens all the time in places where management lacks integrity.

Posted on 16 April 2016