EARLS

Industry: Accommodation, Food Services

• I am a long-term employee - when I find a job I enjoy, I stick with it and give it my all. Before working at Earls, I had never worked anywhere less than a year. I wasn't even three months into serving at Earls before I was counting down the days until I could quit. Management at the location I work at is young and (with a few exceptions) unprofessional. Getting time off is easy enough, but the guilt-trip that is laid upon you when you do request it is ridiculous. Expect to find an awful work week awaiting you when you return, as you "cannot take time off without consequences." Understaffing creates an extremely stressful work environment and all my scheduling requests were catered to for (at the very longest) one week before being cast aside and ignored. The upper management is obviously not doing their job either - I will always remember the day we ran out of spaghetti, bread, chicken, pizza, and FRIES. I could go on and on about this for hours (showing up for a shift only to be sent home after five minutes because the store wasn't busy enough; being yelled at for taking a minute to eat a snack on a long shift with no break; 90% of all good employees quitting; working with a hung-over management team, etc) but the point is: Do yourself a favour and don't work at Earls.

Posted on 28 August 2010 by Rater #1 | Flag as inappropriate