Coca-Cola Ltee

Industry: Food, Beverage, Tobacco

• I worked for Coca-Cola back in the late 70's ..... still kicking my butt for leaving. When you're young, and sometimes think the grass is greener on the other side, believe me, sometimes it is not. They were always fair in their dealings. It was a fun place to work. In hindsight after seeing a lifetime's worth of managers, Coke's managers were very good. Their equipment was always top-of-the-line and impeccably maintained. It was my first job coming out of high school, and I remember my mother being mad when I told her how much they were paying, as it was more than my father was making! Don't know why she got mad, you'd think she'd be happy. Oh well. Made a lot of good lifetime friends there, and many are still my pals. Great bunch of people, from the top on down. Every outfit has some problems, but at Coke they were minor. All in all, a great place to work ..... this job is a "lifer" as they say.

Posted on 13 November 2009 by Rater #2 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Not sure if you noticed. but the 20th century was over... hmmm, about 12 years ago and that was 20 years AFTER you left Coke! (sniff, snort, huh?) Dontcha think if MIGHT have changed some in 30 odd years?! Doh!!!

Posted on 3 October 2012

You did the right thing. Most workers who have been around that long just roll over and take it and are counting the days till retirement and a fast death... It's not the 70's anymore and even the lifers hate there jobs.
The compasion and caring is long gone like the 70's

Posted on 30 September 2012

Yup many things were a lot more fun back in the day... I hear it's now a hell hole and mis- managed . Those trucks are still around to. 50 supervisors have run out the doors. Not hating, just fact.
Peace.