CN / Chemins de fer nationaux du Canada

Industry: Transportation (freight), Warehousing

• I am in the final stages of being hired with CN so I thought I would check out some reviews. I was shocked by reading these fake negative posts as I always thought CN was a "dream" job. Great pay, benefits, and pension. My only concern was the balance between work and family as I have two young children. As I see working from the truthful positive posts though, CN is definitely the best if you value your family and personal life. After reading all these posts I will certainly be taking this position as I do value family and being treated with respect. I have two degrees and a great position right now that will do anything it can to ensure your family life is taken care of first. Truthfully I was exploring a cn career for the money, and I know from the many positive reviews here that this was an excellent choice!

Posted on 1 December 2012 by Rater #204 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

With posts like this.......why do we have a HR dept at CN. Obviously they're completely out of touch with the reality of railroading. But on the other hand, who would hit the print button so that our annual report cards can be explained to us.

Posted on 13 January 2014

LOL :)

Maybe CN could hire you for their HR department. They will likely microchip then reprogram you, to be a front line manager.

R.I.P
Rest in peace Brian .G

Posted on 10 April 2013

This is a direct copy and paste of a previous post from 3 months ago, but with changes made to give it a positive spin. So quite obviously, another fake review from the CN HR department.

Original post: http://www.ratemyemployer.ca/Employers/CN/CN-Chemins-de-fer-nationaux-du-Canada/SK/34440

Posted on 6 March 2013

fake post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 15 December 2012

Well... If you haven't even been hired yet you have no basis to be making comments regarding experienced employee comments. You will have personal experience soon enough then feel free to comment.

Posted on 7 December 2012

So innocent. You still leave cookies and milk out for santa too? This is corparate America you realy think they care about you or your family out of the goodness of thier hearts ? Their one concern is to make the dollar and they are willing to do this by any means.

Posted on 7 December 2012

cn hires these IT guys to sit behind a desk for $30k a year to post these fake reviews. nice "dream job"

Posted on 7 December 2012

Hasn't even been staffed in but the reviews are fake... Sure buddy try never having a weekend off for 7 years then you can tell me about fake reviews..

Posted on 7 December 2012

truthfully, another fake post by HR!!!

Posted on 2 December 2012

Buddy, if making up phoney reviews is your dream job you should go into writing children's books instead, pay is better especially with your 2 degrees,lol

Posted on 2 December 2012

what is with all of these false reviews and claims by this person?? they make a lot of bogus claims and for every honest review here, there seems to be someone who posts these made up comments and ratings.

Posted on 2 December 2012

If you are in the final stages of being hired how do you know negs are fake and pos are true? You are not even employed yet. Also, what job are you hiring on for? A Blue collar job that actually runs and maintains the train/infrastructure or some White collar job that works 9-5 and basically has nothing to do with trains?

Posted on 2 December 2012

for sure another bs review by management to pad the ratings

Posted on 1 December 2012

Tell that to the conductor that got killed a few days ago, safe place to work lol

Posted on 1 December 2012

Oops - the terminee must be on another bender tonight folks!!

Posted on 1 December 2012

you should you wrote all of them!