CN / Chemins de fer nationaux du Canada

Industry: Transportation (freight), Warehousing

• CN is a great place to work and has been for my 40 years. Sometimes you don't like what the boss says or does, but he's the boss not you. quit whining and just do your job. We don't need to debate every task. If you don't like your paycheque, 7-11 is hiring. Don't like shifts, working weekends, quit, we are sick of you whiners. It takes fortitude, work ethic, honesty, loyalty ... to be a railroader and the best roads are CN roads.

Posted on 1 November 2012 by Rater #51 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

"Only the terminated (for cause) come here to cry!"

definately the words of or managers.
Trainmaster = Postmaster = lets go postal... its coming soon.

Posted on 30 March 2014

i thought there was regular drug and alchohol testing?? How did this guy ever get through??? oic...another padded rating by HR.

Posted on 4 December 2012

comment 8,
sounds like you have lot of experience as terminated (for cause),but no worries another one coming for you just a matter of time.

Posted on 28 November 2012

...this is a site to "rate your employer" and some people may not like to see that people actually dont think highly of the job or company but the reality is that many dont as shown by the mostly negative ratings(ones that are true and honest!).

Posted on 27 November 2012

Only the terminated (for cause) come here to cry!

Posted on 27 November 2012

this is definetely a padded rating. I work for CN rail in prince george and this is exactly, word for word, what our manager yells at us when he's unhappy about something. "if you don't do this, i'll send you packing. 7-11 is hiring". pretty disgusting when HR pads the ratings. We've been having lots of harassment claims against our manager and HR just keeps covering his ass. They came up to talk with the employees just recently and it was all just a show...a farce. All they care about is how CN is perceived by the public. When I confronted her at the meeting about all the horrible ratings on this site, she basically told me that they don't hold any weight...just disgruntled ex bc rail employees. lol they are all so pathetic. Snakes in the grass...every last one of them

Posted on 18 November 2012

Ok Mr. 40 year employee. how would you know CN is a great place to work for ? ? ? The only job you've ever had is with CN, not counting your paper route as a kid. What are you comparing your extremely limited employer experience to? While I am at it, here are a few more questions I'd like you to ponder. When was the last time you looked for a job? How many job applications have you filled out in your LIFE?

No doubt you have an opinion on all kinds of topics regarding employment, but you've lived in a bubble for your entire life. Thanks for confirming what many have already said here.

Posted on 14 November 2012

Sorry Rater but you sound just like another one of the managers in CN. This is coming from someone that works one the ground for CN. I work with guys 30 year road service and they have nowhere near the attitude your presenting.

Posted on 7 November 2012

Couldn't agree more with the last comment , us new workers really have to move for a change here at our next contract negotiation. We need to get our home life back, what good is money if you paying half your check / pension to an ex wife and you miss you kids growing up.

Posted on 6 November 2012

Easy on the compliments there Mr Railroad... I imagine you hired on back in the late 70's or early 80's!!! Guess what???? life has evolved in the real world and CN has failed to keep up... I'm speaking from experience, coming from the outside (outside CN that is just incase you need clarification) I believe your comments are based on the inside looking out and you have no idea how employers should treat their employees in the work place in the 21st century!! SOOO... as for your comment about quit whining and do your job... that is a perfect example of how people think at CN so thanks for inadvertantly adding weight to all the comments on this site... Smarten up old timer, take your pension and make way for a new modern mentality.

Posted on 4 November 2012

HR padding the rating, strange that management has to come onto this site to confront and interfere with the rating process.

Posted on 4 November 2012

ok sport!!! step away from the crack pipe haha!! I think 40 years of inhaling diesel exhaust has scrambled your thought process.Because you were to stupid to leave the railroad we probably wont listen to your EXPERT opinion. WE are just voicing OUR opinnions here.I still work there and hear the odd person telling how CN has done good by them and thats great!! However, I for one have never had an issue with doing my job or the hours but please dont tell me how wonderful the management is.( there are some pretty good managers there but not many ) This is RATE YOUR EMPLOYER and i can see why there are so many negative reponces here. Cheer up though. You got your pension so go enjoy it.

Posted on 2 November 2012