CIBC

Industry: Bank, Insurance, Financial services

• Firstly, I do realize that a good majority of individuals wont actually take the time to write something positive because lets face it, it's easier to complain then it is to make a change. Secondly, everyone will have a different experience depending on the location, manager, department etc... I would like to start with the fact that CIBC is a very good place to work at. Benefits are fantastic, vacation time is amazing (who gets 3 weeks of paid vacation their first year at a company?) Yes at times the environment can be hectic and crazy but what company doesn’t have that time of year where that takes place. The sky is the limit, yes you can be the best sales person in the department but if you don’t CARE for the quality of your job, if you don’t know the meaning of a TEAM...How do you expect to advance? A leader is only as successful as his team. That’s any company you go to! The pros definitely outweigh the cons and it’s for the individual to determine whether or not they want to do their job to the fullest of their potential or not. Determination, perseverance, optimism and anything else that you think you need to succeed will you get there. With that, this company can definitely take you there.

Posted on 20 July 2011 by Rater #170 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

holidays....what a joke....i've been there twenty years and you need to be there that long to get five weeks holidays....well three of those years weren't guaranteed hrs so i can't get my five weeks for another three years....we had a girl that worked then quit and went casual but never wanted to be called to work ..she later came back on a contract and then ended up getting on 19 hrs a week in night deposit and they gave her, her senority back and four weeks holidays...talk about a crock of s---.... but they can't give me my five weeks....thats favoratism

Posted on 23 March 2012

This rater must be in sales, as in pulling the wool over our eyes. The CIBC I know is not so hot to work for, and is definitely not 4 1/2 stars.

Posted on 23 January 2012

WOW, i would like to know who you gave the B J to, to write something so positive!!!

Posted on 6 January 2012

Wow. Unbelievable comment. Wonder if this person still follows this post to read the follow up comments? Nobody on earth can praise this company the way this person did and really believe what they're saying.

Posted on 25 November 2011

The list of Canada's Top Employers just came out. All of the big Banks are on the list except one and many of the credit unions made the list too. Care to guess which bank did not cut it? CIBC didn't make a list! Even BMO made the list, that is definitely saying something up management. CIBC needs to change their culture and it must start at the top. No more lies, wink-wink, nudge-nudge. CIBC does not respect its only rules and policies.

Posted on 8 October 2011

CIBC is not a good place to work, mismanaged.

Posted on 30 September 2011

CIBC is the worst employer to work for. Only someone completely brainwashed by that company would think otherwise. I worked for them for 6 years and gave much more of myself than I ever received in return. I worked overtime for free on a nearly daily basis, was screwed out of pay for luches where I was required to stay at the bank because they were to cheap to schedule enough staff but wasn't paid for those lunch breaks and I am currently in a battle with the Canada Labour Board over holiday pay. The choice I made to leave was the best one I have ever made!

Posted on 19 August 2011

You say how great it is to work there, but failed to list any valid reasons.

Posted on 15 August 2011

I dont even work for cibc and can tell that's just whacked.

Posted on 4 August 2011

why do you lie?

Posted on 2 August 2011

Wow...was this written by Human Resources?? That's the only possible explanation.

Posted on 20 July 2011