CIBC

Industry: Bank, Insurance, Financial services

• CIBC is consistently rated one of Canada's top employers. However, it has high standards and expects employees adhere to its various policies on diversity, respect and personal accountability. Career advancement is a top priority at the bank, but employees are accountable for stewardship of their own growth.

Posted on 1 December 2011 by Rater #29 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I have worked for Cibc for the past 14 years ---Financial Adviser----CIBC has always treated me fair----I am compensated well --better then friends of mine at National TD and RBC in similar roles. Yes there is stress but I have been doing my Job long enough to know ---look after your clients the best you can and everything else will fall into place ----works for me .The comment above is fair -----it's to bad that others have had such bad experiences ---but if you are willing to put in the effort and treat your clients like they were all your parents ---you will do well regardless were you work ----I would recommend CIBC to anyone
Sincerley

Posted on 16 September 2012

I have been with CIBC for quite sometime and manage a small team, up until 5 years ago was a pleasent place to work but has quickly gone down hill. I am constantly battling upper management whos interest is to LOOK GOOD against their peers at the expense of us little people, it is now become a joke so the person who posted this is obviously living in dream land because it is now HELL, Hell would be preferred than working for CIBC

Posted on 11 April 2012

Career advancement is a top priority at the bank??? My boss wanted me promoted for the past couple of years but the executive in charge is biased against me (or my skills exceed his?). Guess what I'm up to these days?

Posted on 14 March 2012

Reading this rating is like reading the something out of North Korea - brainwashing propoganda.
"CIBC is consistently rated one of Canada's top employers." By who??
"it has high standards and expects employees adhere to its various policies on diversity, respect and personal accountability." Employees below executives and senior management?
"Career advancement is a top priority at the bank" Reality says otherwise.
"but employees are accountable for stewardship of their own growth" The only thing accountable are policies and annual mandatory education resulting from that CIBC employee who sent classified documents by fax to a New Jersey junk dealer. Now all CIBC employees get stiffed with extra bureacracy from Human Resources.
Bottom line: one star for CIBC - if that.

Posted on 23 January 2012

Although I totally agree about the 'manager' thing, I have to say that my own branch managers are completely useless. They may have been good at sales and investments, but they lack management skills, which I believe are required for the positions.

I've seen two changes of branch management in a relatively short period of time and all I can say is that the ones who kiss corporate butt get the positions.

Posted on 14 December 2011

How much did they pay you to post this? Please have your heart, don't let the evil cibc kicking your ass and say something to please them.

Posted on 11 December 2011

To the person who posted comment # 2. Thank you for clarifying that you are NOT referring to those with the word "manager" in their title. I am one of those "managers" and like you said we are not permitted to make decisions, all we do is pass along the propaganda from the upper managers. They are the ones who make the biggest dollars and take the biggest share of the pie. The branch managers and many others who have the title "manager" in their title are simply messengers. We are just as nauseated with CIBC as those we supposedly lead.

Posted on 7 December 2011

Yup be a manager in the CIBC. Not one as a manager in the title but a real one who is allowed to make a decision. CIBC is one of the more oppressive employers in the market. When ppl leave they NEVER go back.

Posted on 6 December 2011

Sounds like BS from an HR shill in a lame attempt to prop up the ratings.

Posted on 1 December 2011