CFCP / Chemin de fer Canadien Pacifique

Industry: Transportation (freight), Warehousing

• I am a ten year employee on the maintenance of way side.I got dismissed on Dec.23 with a knock at my door. For not having a job briefing book and log book filled in.They had the incorrect jb book and a manager could have vouched as to the logbook is was a busy day and I had to clear snow and spin my machine. I'm one of the hardest working and honest employees going..this all stemmed from an incident where after a travel I slid into a lorry after I come upon a coworker stopped with no lights,no communication to me of being stopped in a curve.. it was impossible. I was using caution travelling due to weather to start. They never talked to anybody. I got pulled from service after inquiring of another incident while this other employee went home on vacation. I also caught my hand in a fan because it was not correctly fixed by multiple employees,mechanics,managers and "health and safety reps".. now I'm trying to understand teamsters with 2 days before a decision to my grievance.. sucks..but all the other comments are relevant! I'd do anything for another Co worker.. I'm responsible ,diligent, and hard working. Now Ihear of here say aĺegations potentially from a scared employee.People get scared when you question authority and look for accountability. Cp was great..and I truly hope I can redeem my job. Punishment was harsh, none the less, it taught me a lot about the management. Hope they like the safety concerning pictures I'm going to present to them. See I was smart and gathered some evidence over time of "situations" we'll say! I was outspoken was my problem and hey saw the chance..and stuck it right to me.. now the battle ensues with a brand new team of union directors! :l "Damn"

Posted on 27 January 2015 by Rater #247 | Flag as inappropriate