CFCP / Chemin de fer Canadien Pacifique

Industry: Transportation (freight), Warehousing

• I worked for CN Rail for 8 years, great company, I've been with CP Rail for 25. It was a good, not great company to work for, and I would've recommended it to even my family members. Not anymore, not even close. Don't ever get disabled or sick while employed, they treat you with total disregard, trust me. The new senior management since Hunter Harrison became CEO are nothing but bullies who try to intimidate their workers, even fellow managers. They've fired employees for the most trivial of reasons, and the only employees left are the ones who have no other choice but to put up with their constant harassment. They've lost some great employees as well as professional managers because they had other opportunities elsewhere, including rival railways. The ones that are left in management are just puppets for this egomaniacal CEO and his personally chosen henchmen. What a crime and shame it is for a once proud Canadian company with Canadian leadership. The stock price is way over inflated because of false promise and speculation from a man who has nothing better to do than justify his tens of millions of salary by totally and completely ruining peoples lively hoods and pride. The moral at this company is totally spent and the company is so dysfunctional that I feel for anyone still working there. Please don't get trapped by the promise of a good salary and benefits. You would be better off joining the military because this company is just like a boot camp. Thanks for reading, don't believe the hype!

Posted on 7 December 2013 by Rater #213 | Flag as inappropriate