CFCP / Chemin de fer Canadien Pacifique

Industry: Transportation (freight), Warehousing

• Not my fault if I'm French. As you may know, CP does not promote French speaking people. Ever since the last spike was driven in in 1885, no French speaking president, vice-president was ever hired by CP. CP is a very English and old boys club type of company. I guess CN saw more value by hiring French speaking presidents and vice-president and more. I guess they saw value by hiring the best, no matter what language they speak. That's why they are doing better than CP. So if you plan to work at CP and you have a French name, I would suggest you change it if you want to get anywhere.

Posted on 19 February 2014 by Rater #220 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Most, if not all, of the Presidents of CPR have been of Scot decent. Englishman could not even get in that club. The reason they moved out of Mtl was the wife of CP Ltd wanted to move to Calgary. Ltd moved a couple years prior into Bankers Hall.

Posted on 15 May 2014

So don't wonder anymore why they moved to Alberta !! This is unacceptable. I know someone that works at CP and is a angel to have remained so long !! They made there money in Quebec for the longest time and turned there back just like that..Would never work for such a company

Posted on 19 February 2014