CFCP / Chemin de fer Canadien Pacifique

Industry: Transportation (freight), Warehousing

• Just finished my 26th year with CPR, if you would of asked me 10 years ago how I liked my job I would of said I loved it and would never dream of doing anything else. Today I would say it is a struggle to come to work, I feel like a part of me has died my Spirit has been broken. The job I loved has become the job I can no longer stand. A crime that such an iconic company with such a long and proud history had been taken over by Billy Ackman and his Hedge fund, we all know HH is running the Show but I Blame Billy because he's the one that put hunter in charge knowing exactly what he would do, and boy They are walking away from this with truck loads of money while they gut our pensions and cut our wages and make us work 80 plus hrs a week. The management are nothing but a big bullies this is encouraged from the top ranks down to the lower ranks they will fire you for next to nothing. You literally have to be hospitalized to be able to be sick they actually discipline you for getting sick, it's true even if you have doctors notes it doesn't matter. I am on this sight because I am looking for a new job and desided to check out cp, and Everything I read so far is true believe it do not hire on with this company you will regret it!

Posted on 30 January 2014 by Rater #218 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

20+ years.. just won my second arbitration case against them for unjust dismissal. Won my pension, seniority and job back. No back pay. Twice they have violated canadian labour law. But they don't have to pay my back wages. Go f*** yourself Hunter Harrison Guido and all the rest of the management. I choose to continue my new career. Loved my job. (engineer) But can't stand the company. Don't hire here.. Go ANYWHERE else, money is not worth it. Live LIVE LIVE

Posted on 29 July 2015

Sounds like a living HELL. I failed the pre-interview but only because I wasn't paying attention after what they told me about having no life for possibly 20 years! The only thing I regret was not leaving the pre-interview earlier. If I had to work a 12 hour shift on 2 hours sleep I'd snap someone's sh!t up!

Posted on 24 February 2015

Posted on 24 February 2015

I just read your comment and agree totally with you. I also have over 26 years in with this company the first 25 were great, I was proud to work here now I can't stand it and am looking for a new job, I hate to do it but I feel I have to.

Posted on 28 February 2014