Canyon Technical Services

Industry: Energy

• I was with them for many years. At that time the work was steady and was dispatched very regularly. The jobs were smaller, work was steady, the people got along great. Workers were fairly busy. Then things took off and a plethora of hiring happened. In my position, I was driving lots and making money.then they start hiring lots of new drivers.you are partnered up and train new guys. All is great. Then they give trucks to new guys and the new guys are sent out on jobs while the senior drivers are left sitting at the base with no work.
    The company doesn't give a squirter if you make money. The dispatcher feed the jobs to the special pals and you sit in the yard polishing trucks.
    They did have an awesome benefit plan!
    They developed a mentor program that was simply stupid. Instead of giving you an extra dollar or 2 per hour to mentor,they thought they might give out badges, crests and stuff. Don'the patronize me, just pay me an extra 1 to 3 dollars per hour to train and mentor. Don't be stupid.
    The main players in the office are millionairestill and are comfortable. The staff is expendable.
    They put people in bad position on jobs. They have people doing things they are not trained or certified to do and when the untrained person screws up they then get called to the office where they get written up and punished for screwing up.
    The person that forced them into that position gets no punishment.
    Canyon is like many other oil companies. Keep your head up and watch your back and you may do okay. Every day is a new day. It might be good or it might end up being a whole bunch worse.
    Keep in mind that other similar companies also have their issues.

IT ALL COMES DOWN WITH WHAT YOU CAN LIVE WITH IT IS NOTHING BUT A BIG AND VERY SERIOUS GAME OUT THERE!

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND PLAY SAFE ALWAYS! !

Posted on 25 March 2016 by Rater #30 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Not a terrible company but all companies have their pros and cons. I will say that their dental coveragE is second to none with 100% COVERAGE ON ALL DENTAL WORK. THAT IS VERY IMPRESSIVE INDEED.

There are many workers that are starving to work in management positions and they will walk on others to get there.

As always, there is the good ole boys group that can be good or bad for an employee. If they like you and you drink and party with them, you will get more work than other employees. Being part of the drinking and party group can also help you climb the ladder. It can also get you fired if you are part of that group and want to stop partying. Once you start, you are always in the party group.

I could go on. You get the idea. Try it and see if it works for you. Keep your head up or you might get ef'd up.

Posted on 28 March 2016