Cactus Club Cafe

www.cactusclubcafe.com

Industry: Food, Beverage, Tobacco

• I started as a host and then served at the MacLeod trail location for over year and left that job in early 2009.

I felt supported by most of my managers and co-workers. I was given thorough training in the beginning which helped me to be more successful. Ongoing training on the food and beverage menus was also provided. I always felt like if I needed help or was having difficulty with a customer that my managers, supervisors and co-workers would back me up. Because nearly everyone I worked with had high standards for service and wanted to keep the customers happy, I felt confident that my tables would get top quality food and beverages, and if they weren't satisfied, we would make it right.

For a serving job, I think that the company is pretty fair. Although it would have been nice to get benefits, I was not working full-time hours as a server. I was disappointed that I did not get the biggest sections or longest shifts, because I could have made more money that way. However, my experience was limited and I was probably not ready to take those sections regularly. Servers who had been there longer or experienced servers who persistantly asked managers to give them those sectiosn would get them. My manager was really fair and flexible about my schedule, I was usually able to have a shift covered if I needed to.

I felt that if I had any concerns that my managers were willing to discuss them with me and were honest and fair in addressing them for the most part. I had fun at work and really enjoyed most of the people I worked with.

If you are wanting to serve there, you will have to pay your dues as a host at first, how long depends on your experience as a server. Or, if you are a really awesome host they might try to keep you in that position for longer since good hosts are hard to find and keep. This is a great job to gain experience in the restaurant industry, and if you want to move up in the company the opportunites are there. I would recommend this job for sure!

Posted on 2 October 2010 by Rater #1 | Flag as inappropriate