CAA South Central Ontario

Taille de l'entreprise : Moyenne (50 - 499 employés)

Industrie : Centre d'appels, Service clientèle

• Granted, CAASCO wasn't the worst place to work in my experience. (I'm speaking about the Stoney Creek location. I was an MCC there.) In the 4 years I've worked there, the medical/dental benefits were quite excellent, and the 3 week paid holiday was an excellent perk right off the bat. Also the people I've worked with were quite exceptional. (I was a part of the newest supervisor team there.)

What made me mentally check out was the attitude of the organization itself. Wasteful spending on the Connections software, (I'm unsure of the exact cost, but I've heard by some estimates it cost $1 million or more to create, with no MCC feedback, or ANY front-line input into its creation.) The foray into 'CAA Car Care Centres' in which CAA is currently losing a lot of money on this venture. (Along with creating stressful situations for MCC's reading [or not reading] the required scripting.) As well as the relatively new program of the BWB Mastercard, (that CAA invested an extremely large [undisclosed] amount into,) which by all accounts should have been kept with a mature and reputable organazation like MBNA.

Also, the way coaching was spent definitely sided with the numbers and metrics of your job, rather than acknowledging you actually doing good work and receiving recognition. I realize as an MCC you had a certain sales target to meet (which was constantly changing all the time, not the mention the employees with only 1 skill set had it easier, won most of the prizes and skewed the sales results when compared to more tenured MCC's [pls correct me if I am wrong]), and constantly promoting an upgrade to CAA Plus or Premier, to keep members informed about the different products was a necessity. What does it amount to though? More of the same old repetition, day in and day out, dealing with rude, and extremely demanding customers, and an overall feeling of being trampled on because you cannot meet the needs of your client/customer because the hoops you have to go through asking Marketing, or IT, or Resource Desk to do the simplest of tasks, which take 2 days or more to have completed.

All this, coupled with a lack of advancement within the Hamilton MCC, (you could always join the ranks of CAA insurance if that's your thing), a lack of recognition for good works, (who are we kidding here...the 'WOW' factor, is recognition?! Come on now, it is a lackluster pat on the back at best.) The frustration with WFM and their backwards scheduling processes, and the overall feeling of never amounting to more than a call taker made me stop caring at the tail end of my 'career' here.

I have the utmost respect for my colleagues in the department I was a part of. They made my day bearable and a pleasure to come into work every morning. To the people who were at the back wall close to the Comfort Inn, thank you for making that place a joy to come into each and everyday. I do sincerely thank you for that. I do hope that Sundays off get implemented in Stoney Creek (along with the other recommendations our team came up with), and that whoever is still working there can find joy in what they do. I miss you all. :)

To people who are looking for employment, if you can handle repetition, and some customer abuse now and again, do give CAASCO a chance. They have good health and dental benefits (it's through Manulife and they pay 80% of the cost), you get 3 weeks vacation off the bat which is amazing, and paid sick days and appointment time. At the same time though, do your job well, don't ask hard-hitting and poignant questions, keep your head down, don't make waves, and you'll fare well in the Hamilton MCC.

Publié le 30 janvier 2012 par Évaluateur #48 | Signaler comme inapproprié

Commentaires

even though I benefit from the battery incentive they are a joke. you either need a battery or you don't. These types of incentives are bad techniques employed by lazy management who cannot get employees to engage. it's our job to get the proper information on the call. It makes me sick listening to my co-workers complain they are not going to do something because they don't get anything for it.
Unions are another outdated concept. They take your money, cause conflict after conflict and would sell you out in a second for the right deal. Last union job I worked was a horrible environment. I was encouraged to work slowly and threatened when I made others look bad by doing a good job.
Thankfully this job is just a stepping stone. It will be an interesting case study in how NOT to do things for my MBA.

Publié le 14 février 2012

After reading all the comments here it would seam like this is a company that could use a strong union

Publié le 5 février 2012

Connections cost $3-5MM depending on who you talk to. A huge failure of a system. Just like the two they built in Insurance

Publié le 31 janvier 2012