CAA South Central Ontario

Industry: Call Centers, Customer Service

• I have been with CAA south central Ontario for 8.5 years now and wanted to add my own comments to this site. I am considered to be a 'frontline' employee and work inside the insurance company.

I agree with many of the comments posted here about the negative environment. But what I see very different is that the management team is taking action on the people who are notperforming. This inevitably creates a lot of negative feelings with the people who have been affected,and I would guess that many of those people are those who have posted their blasting comments here. Our team was just debriefed on the company's engagement scores for this year and the overall company has gone up again. To me that says that the mood is improving because management is dealing with the people who are not performing. I cannot speak on behalf of other teams but the people on my team are quite happy and from our little chatter most of that comes from the fact that the poor performers and chronically negative people are dealt with. I have to say though the downside is that those actions tkae a long time.

I have to disagree with some of the comments though because I think the companys strategies are good. For the first time since I've been in insurance we are making money! And I think that speaks to the strategies that the management team has in place. our vp before they moved her to marketing started talking about how to manage the risks and I think that is making a difference in how we work at the frontline. From what my teammates and I see from the front-line, the strategies that our management team have put together actually seem to make a good impact. We heard an update from the senior team and the results tie back to what we all heard a year ago. I personallly also use the thing called edw. I'm not in sales so it is not just a sales tool. I use it for verification of risks that are allowed to be written. I have friends who worked at other insurnace companies and they dont have such a tool. Again these are things that we just received at the front-line underwriting and they help us do our jobs.

So I think there are a lot of positives and some negatives but all companies have some of both. I don't expect to ever find a perfect company - and that is how I raise my two young kids as well. For those people reading these comments, I have to say that I recommend caa sco because they do take care of their staff and they do take the difficult task to get rid of people who dont perform and who are cosntantly negative because we had such a person on our team and that took down our morale big time. The other raters may disagree with me but after almost 9 years I am still happy here and our future is looking even brighter with the year we have had in insurance.

Our job board always has openings and I'm not sure if these jobs are posted externally,but if they are, I highly recommend this place because it is a good place.

Posted on 3 February 2011 by Rater #26 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Yes, you should be happy to be in Insurance department with great commission pay like fortune money falling from air. I recommend you to walk around the building in lunch hour, take a real look in to the other department.

Posted on 17 December 2011