British Columbia Ambulance Service

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• Ive worked for some sketchy, unprofessional jobs that treated me better than BCAS. I Love my job DESPITE my horrible employer. Treats its part time paramedics like they are lesser of people even though they make up 2/3 of BC's paramedics. Still screwing up our pay cheques half a year later. While the time we werent getting our pay cheques, our superintendent, rather than working on that, figured out a way to not give us meal allowances. The people cleaning the ambulances (with no education needed) get paid more than I (a paramedic of 4 years) gets paid, and they have full time hours and benefits, which I dont have. It took 8 months for me to get new backordered pants. Our superintendent makes us over hire at our station to "keep us hungry"so we are more likely to drive out the hour commute to our station to pick up last minute shifts when the car is going down because we are so desperate to feed ourselves. I dont know anywhere else its legal to pay your employees under minimum wage. Its embarrassing having to ARGUE with people to convince them how little money I actually make, they straight up do not believe its possible.

Posted on 15 March 2014 by Rater #26 | Flag as inappropriate