Beacon Community Services

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• They don't give a hoot about there casual workers. We are the back bone of any care agency!

Posted on 23 August 2016 by Rater #61 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

You are not the backbone of anything. You are the crutch. The rest of us aren't always treated fairly either. In the main we are treated fairly. If any relationship is too tough for you then get out of it. Until then complain, but complain to the right people.

Posted on 15 May 2017

A former management staff at one of their operations, once told me that Beacon Community Services functions from using lots of volunteers for free. He said they were "free slave labour" and the rest of the money goes to Beacon. That seems more like a corporation than a social service agency doesn't it? Keep that in mind.

Posted on 30 March 2017

All the branch offices and various departments have dwindling staff and mounting work loads. Worker contracts are not renewed and the offices have increasing empty desks. Remaining workers must do their own work and everyone else's work too. Beacon also expects you to work for free as they give you more work and cutting work hours. Everyone either quits or not renew their contracts. The one who stay end up completely burnt out. You should abandon this sinking ship if you are smart.

Posted on 4 November 2016