Beacon Community Services

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• I recently quit working for Beacon after 7 years. I went through such a stressful period in the months of July and August with the management that I had finally had enough. One day I felt I was doing an excellent job, liked by my clients, co-workers, and the next I am being brought up for behavior issues. No warning of this, no clue to where anything of this stemming from. When I asked for examples, none were given. I caught them so many times in lies, I was shaken to the bone in disbelief. There word against mine. I was suspended for standing up for myself twice and it was called being "disrespectful". I had enough! I quit. I have never been treated the way I have at any employment I have been in. I have never quit anything before. It shook me to the core. But I am glad I am out of there and now I hear what they are doing to my other long standing co-workers, who are hard working, dedicated people. It is truly sad. But I truly hope as everyone has said here that they don't get the VIHA contract- it is time for a new Home Support company to take over. Clients would always complain of not getting the person that they liked, no service, irregularity of times, they were fed up and too afraid to phone in to complain of these things. It is time for a change and I am hoping VIHA reads these ratings.

Posted on 22 September 2013 by Rater #37 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Sounds very much like working for Cool-Aid, keep your mouth shut and never argue with incompetence because incompetence runs the show. Most of the people working there are total morons who wouldn't survive long working at a job that required them too think too hard. It is the most gender biased, ignorant place I have ever had the misfortune of working and the clients suffer at the hands of a bunch of heavy handed self righteous man haters who shouldn't be working with human beings but should be working with rocks in a field somewhere. Frankly, the hiring pool in Victoria suffers at the end of the day because these are the best jobs you can get here if you want to make a difference for people, and at the risk of losing your sanity in toxic work environments, it's much better to just move or look in another field.

Posted on 24 September 2013

You hope Vancouver Island Health Authority will make things better? Have you read VIHA's own ratings on Ratemyemployer? They are not any better than anyone else. The whole entire system is corrupt, incompetent, and collapsing around us all.

Posted on 22 September 2013