Beacon Community Services

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• If you are thinking about working for Beacon Community Services and have already found yourself inside their doors don’t walk to the nearest exit run, and keep on running and never look back!
    This company will suck the life right out of you! I had worked for them for almost 5 years and it was the worst company I had ever worked for in my entire working career! It is 5 years I will never get back! I agree with everyone else’s comments below which are sad and pathetic but true. How do I know they are true? Because much of the same happened to me!
    Everything is about the money and the bottom line. This company should not have the V.I.H.A. contract; it is a travesty that they are allowed to continue to operate considering how they treat their clients and their staff. The attitude of the administration is the dog kicked the cat the cat kicked the mouse etc. That is how the working structure is set up and if you want to veer from their sick system you will find yourself in a disciplinary situation being raked over the coals by the administration. The schedulers are treated like they work in a sweat shop and have to fill visits no matter what! Meanwhile the administration is busy firing or making the Community Health Worker’s quit and can’t replace them because their dirty little secret is out, it is one vicious circle.
    Obviously the insanity is coming from the top and being filtered to the bottom which of course are the Community Health Workers. They are treated like servants not workers! They are talked to like they have I Q’s of amoebas, which is rather insulting considering all the testing and hoops one has to jump through as well as certification to work for their company. The voice messaging that they broadcast most nights verifies their disdain for their workers, which is usually bullying and harassment and of course breaking the collective agreement. Never mind the union this company should be shut down by the Employment Standards Branch of B.C.
    So do yourself a favour and DO NOT WORK for this company!

Posted on 12 September 2013 by Rater #36 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Maybe Island Health shouldn't keep giving them the contract... There was no publicity and no competition seriously considered. The RFP was a sham.

Posted on 10 September 2015