Bayshore Home Health

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• It WAS a great company to work for but has changed over the last few years. The environment has become oppressive and you are at the mercy of the Area Director. No one at the upper levels within Bayshore listen to their front line staff. The AD's seem to do very little and pick over business the branch has already secured rather than finding new business opportunities (which is what they are in place to do). Branches are merging and customer care is being reduced to a "call centre" - no more knowing your clients or personal touches. Very sad. The National Care team decides if you get referrals or not - it may be in your service area but they give it to other branches. This is based on whether they like your branch or not. It is a terrible way to run a business - more controls are needed at the head office. One person should NOT decide whether your office thrives or not. Shameful. The AD's are clueless about this practice. Truth be told, they have the worst AD's in any health care company. I do not know where they find these so called "sales" and "marketing" experts but they really don't know what they are doing. I hope that Bayshore returns to its former self - it was a supportive and fun place to work. Too many lay offs and whispering in the halls - very stressful. Going to work every day and wondering if your next is sickening.

Posted on 1 September 2012 by Rater #14 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Comment #1 above ~ You are so so right!!! Staff morale is so low it is terrible. I have never felt so disrespected and low as I have working for these money grubbing , arrogant people. Saying as little as possible, or confusing the issue is their forte~ they'll work you to death~ and not pay you for it all either~ all the time spent at home doing work and you get NO pay for it at all...it is EXPECTED.

Posted on 30 November 2012

I enjoyed working for their Toronto branch in 2000.

Posted on 5 September 2012

Thank you for your insight and honesty! This 'well known company' as it likes to open its help wanted ads...is getting well known for its ruthless disrespectful tactics against staff and clients alike! My hopes are that the people who are making the decisions and putting the company on the path it is on currently are also put front and foremost when it comes time to answer how did it become reduced to this state?
Never has staff morale been so low...our work is a pleasure, our employer not so!

Posted on 2 September 2012