Bayshore Home Health

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• I work for the Victoria branch, and I have to say, the experience there is very different from many of the comments below. It's sad that all the BC branches of Bayshore are lumped together on this page. I used to work at Beacon Community Services, and always felt bad about telling people where I worked because it was such a badly run company. At Bayshore, I feel a sense of pride in my work and truly value my coworkers, both in the office and in the field.

Posted on 2 June 2013 by Rater #19 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

I believe that your branch is run by different people.
I would love to be able to say that my work place was promoting a sense of pride but unfortunately all I feel is they are controlling and inflexible.
When you are out in the field day after day for ten hours at a crack and getting paid for 5 hours it sucks.
I call the scheduler daily and ask for more hours and they rarely even pick up the phone. I hear that they are hiring new care aides in my area and yet I am not getting enough hours to pay my bills.
It isn't that I'm unavailable either...I am out in the field for 50 hours a week and lucky if I get compensated for half of it.
When I talked to the office about it her statement was "some of the care aides like it" well not me.
I want and need hours and asking daily for it is wearing me out.
the job with the Burnaby Bayshore office is getting the truth out of the office staff....and getting decent hours regularly!!!
why are we forced to go to the union week after week to grieve our schedules and then a week after it was resolved..it goes right back to the same terrible situation?
Is that your solution? Pretend there isn't a problem with the management skills or are you just hoping that we will give up and go away?
Do you need care aides who are ready willing and able to work...well then give the ones who are already "employed" by you decent hours....its what we all go to work for. I work hard for my money...compensate me fairly...do not act like you are some kind of non profit agency or charity.
START ACTING LIKE A TOP RUN COMPANY SHOULD