Bayshore Home Health

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• If you are a male care aide, RUN, don't walk away from this company. The double standard is appalling! They will lie to you and tell you you'll have a position in a year, well, let me tell you, I've been in home support for almost 7 years and, yup, I'm still a casual. WHY? Beacuse ALL the positions they post they say are for female clients, whether they are or not. The last position they awarded was given to a female with 400 less seniority hours than me, AND I was already working the hours with my clients.

This company has absolutely no respect for the worker or the client. Times for visits are changed and no one is informed. Schedulers, oh EXCUSE ME! Client service co-ordinators (anyone else ever notice that everyone in that Burnaby office has a title?) Keep disappearing, quitting I assume, not that they'll tell you anything, But The office takes no responsibility for that.

Your hours will be almost non exisitant for your availability, yet they have no qualms about asking you to work on your day off. The office managers have absolutely no clue what goes on in the field, and you get absolutely no recognition for a job well done.

Now we're getting Blackberries that will be our total responsibility. Personally, I want to be compensated for having to keep them charged, and you have to now drive to the one London Drugs location in Langley to get gloves. I want mileage for that too.

All in all, if you really want a job in home support go to any other agency, but quite frankly I would hit up all the facilities and hospitals. You won't be able to live on what this company "offers" you.

Posted on 26 May 2013 by Rater #18 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

The blackberries are used to log in the services you provide and they use the GPS on it to keep track of you! You are not to use it as a phone. They don't want you to call on it to report that you have been in a car accident or that you have a flat tire or that you can't find the address the passive aggressive scheduler gave you the wrong numbers for and now you are running behind trying to find!
No those blackberry phones are for this company to keep the paper work down to a minimum , that is what they won their award for!
This company is horrible to its front line workers.
They treat the care aides and nurses who are out in the field terribly.
I do not know why anyone would stay with them!
So, if NO ONE WILL HIRE YOU....know that these guys will....

Posted on 13 January 2015

This company is horrible to its front line workers.
They treat the care aides and nurses who are out in the field terribly.
I do not know why anyone would stay with them!
So, if NO ONE WILL HIRE YOU....know that these guys will....

Posted on 13 January 2015

Being a male care aide has always been an asset. Perhaps you are worth more as a casual than as a regular WORKER... case point.
That is the only consideration. You have a solid case that could be brought forward with your unions support.
The office I believe is well aware of what the schedulers are doing, who teaches them after all?
when you have a rotation of several schedulers and they are all spouting the same spiel ....the script has to be coming from the higher ups.... the organization is set with bullying tactics to keep all the care aides doing what the management wants us to do.
The fact that Bayshore is using the schedulers to do the dirty work is just because they do what has been working for them to keep the unhappy care aides in line.
The rewards program that is always being promoted...aren't you happy with getting movie tickets and popcorn for doing your call ins correctly???? I know on the wages we get as casual care aides we can rarely afford to buy that for ourselves...so come on ....give this top run company a break and understand as long as new care aides keep applying to BAYSHORE HOME HEALTH BURNABY....they don't have to treat the work force that is already in place respectfully....they will just replace you.
get it through your head.
We are dispensable.
Our lives are dictated to by this company's cruel minimum hourly window demand and THEY DONT CARE.
I would say you could try to talk to management about it, but if they are anything like the emergency after hours line...you'll just get a machine.

Posted on 4 June 2013

contact your union.

Posted on 29 May 2013

Make sure you have your shop steward with you, not that I have a lot of faith in the union.They tried to discipline me once, cause the "manager" didn't like the tone of my voice, but I quoted the collective agreement to her and she left it alone. Good luck.

Posted on 27 May 2013

Couldn't agree more with all the comments posted here!!!!! I'm being hauled in to the office on Tuesday, any advice?

Posted on 27 May 2013

Its not a double standard. They do this to every one.

Posted on 26 May 2013

Thank you for your honesty....
yes, I too am pissed that we have to drive to the most congested part of town to get our gloves....and drop off all the paper work. I too am pissed that we have to beg for hours on a daily basis....and yet they are continually hiring.
The lies they tell you are constant...how do they sleep at night???
Its a horrible company to work for, at least as able bodied care aides we can leave....I feel sorry for the clients who are always having their hours changed on them or getting unfamiliar faces in their homes.
tell the Fraser health authority your situation...some entity must be able to hold BAYSHORE HOME HEALTH responsible....top run company....by what standard...they went paper less...big deal...saved some trees and a lot of money but buried the hard working front line staff in all of their demands and time constraints and lies and all the sick and weak clients in their ineptitude.
Terrible company to work for. I agree.

Posted on 26 May 2013