Bayshore Home Health

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• When I calculate the hours I must be available to Burnaby Bayshore and the hours I actually get paid for, I am making $12:00-$14:00 an hour.
    I have ten years experience.
    When I request more hours I am told
    "We are working on it"
    More hours just dont happen.
    Care aides are leaving because of this companies tactics.
    Recruitment is never ending and they have to hire in large numbers monthly because once people realize the huge expectations and see how poorly things are run....they move on.
    Burnaby Bayshore is a huge machine, adept at cutting corners, evading rules and having all kinds of arguements or excuses for what they are practicing until they get caught and held accountable.
    Clients lament.."another New girl that they will need to train....they are exhausted by this company!!!"
    Care aides tell you how grueling and long the days are, how little work they actually get and how far they are expected to drive with out fair compensation or respect for the distances and time involved to do this. Huge Gaps of unpaid time will be constants in your schedle
    New hires are told to not talk to the union as "they will take your hours away" When really it is the ignorance "new office staff" who are constantly being blamed instead of being trained completely in all the rules and laws of the land before they are put on the schedulling desk.
    Is how this company makes its extra pennies in profit???...from hard working front line workers who can not get another job in this hard economy and from the sick and frail clients who havent got the energy or resourses to complain about Burnaby Bayhores treatment of them anymore and are forced to accept the daily upheavals of unknown time frames or people that will be coming into thier homes.

Ask clients and care aides of Burnaby Bayshore "Do you like being with Bayshore?"
    Schools that are training care aides should make this site a manditory visit before they go out and get a job, it would make sense to see how little you are actually making in the community care sector when you calculate the hours that you must be open and available to work for Bayshore but never actually get filled, and therefore paid for.
    Do not be fooled by the unions required min hourly rate, look at the hours spread that you must give Bayshore, then see how many hours you actually get....it will soon make you realize, a $15:00 an hour job with a 8 hour day is a far better paying job, and you wont need to be driving for unknown kilometers in unknown areas and going into unknown homes.
    Ask anyone who works for Bayshore...

Posted on 11 March 2013 by Rater #16 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Absolutely right!
It is not just that you get very few hours of work daily, but how many hours you MUST be available to them!
It works out to less than minimum wage!
When your days work is 4-5 hours but it takes you ten hours of your time to get it...it's not employment, it's poverty!
It is how they have operated for years.
Great people have LEFT the BURNABY BAYSHORE Branch.
They will just hire more
They are ALWAYS HIRING!
ASK YOURSELF, WHY.?!
CRUEL, DISRESPECTFUL, ARROGANT OFFICE TACTICS
THAT'S WHY,
They only care about how much money they make, not about the misery they have caused the good people who work or have worked for them
Your time, your effort is not respected. You will just be replaced with new, lower paid people. It's a huge hiring machine!
Add it all up, you will lose with this company as your boss!
If you fall for all the lies, in just a few weeks you will see for yourself, you will be begging for work! Ask people who know. Ask the people who work there as frontline workers. ASK PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE.... How do you like Bayshore policy? No guaranty of hours to work but you MUST give them many unpaid hours where you sit, miles from home. Not a good company to work for.

Posted on 29 June 2013

That is NOT including the mandatory two hour window to check your voice mail.... So that stretches out your day even more! If you start at 7 am, you MUST call and check your email at 5 am!

Posted on 27 April 2013

Is it possible to see if these sites are being visited by the employers? Do you think commenting here makes an impact or difference any where?

Posted on 16 March 2013