Bank of Canada

Industry: Bank, Insurance, Financial services

• Incompetent IT management with little care of staff retention or ethical values. I was truly amazed how unhappy I was working for this disfunctional organization.

Having worked in numerous IT organizations, I can honestly say this is the first time in my career that I was treated as a "lackie". Managers would throw staff under the bus so they would not be blamed for their poor performances.

There is no possibility for advancement or promotion in the IT department and the benefits and salary hardly make up for all of your pain and suffering.

I cannot without good concience, recommend this employer as a reputable organization to work with. Possibly consultant work, but I would caution anyone from working for any of the existing managers currently employed at BOC.

The door is revolving and the policy of management is to continually hire people as probationary staff until they are ready to dump them after 18 months.

Posted on 17 June 2013 by Rater #13 | Flag as inappropriate