Bank of Canada

Industry: Bank, Insurance, Financial services

• BoC is definetely the worst place I worked at. Terrible management, highly bureaucratic and top heavy. Avoid it at all costs! All the staff is looking to get a job elsewhere and there is a very high level of turnover.

Posted on 28 August 2011 by Rater #9 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

No change in 2020, now they make you work even more but call it the agile model or new buzz words like devops make a person do 5 jobs, it's a joke.

Posted on 16 June 2020

Can't agree more. The high turnover is spreading from IT to all departments, and now also includes economists, who were, traditionally, treated better than the administration and support departments. The workload is insane everywhere, and the number of employees on stress leaves goes up every month. The advertised work-life balance does not exist anymore. The red tape, convoluted processes and cliques within the senior management prevent positive change. There are many smart, educated and competent people who are frustrated with the constant uphill battle; they either leave or are let go. If you are an economist, treat it as a stepping stone; if you are not, better look elsewhere.

Posted on 22 January 2012

In my 15 years in the Information Technology field, I have never been treated with so much dis-respect. They hire new staff I.T staff as term employees with little or no chance of advancement.

I saw many staff escorted from the building and I consistently saw management giving negative reviews to their staff. It was a very negative experience for me and I cannot recommend this employer.

Posted on 20 October 2011