• I am a former employee who worked full time with this employer for 5 years and have only good things to say about them. As an employee my opinions were valued which made me feel like I was contributing and not just a drone. In my experience they are honest hard working people who expect the same from their employees.

Posted on 2 October 2015 by Rater #7 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

5 years and you were happy? So you were with Auctionmaxx from the very start since they opened their doors? I call your statement bullshit as I should know know who you are then but there is no ex-employee that will fit what you are saying based on your 5 year timeline. All the beginning employees of Auctionmaxx stayed for no longer than a year after they opened before either quitting or being fired without cause and none of them were previous employees as you are also describing. If you are going to lie atleast have your facts straight.

Posted on 25 March 2016

Thanks for the info people, I wasn't sure why there were only 4 reviews, but I figured that was why. It sucks if all these negative reviews are true but all I can attest to is what I experienced. As far as I am concerned they are great employers and I would work for them again if the opportunity arose.

Posted on 25 March 2016

There's actually 12 reviews total on this site. If you look at the rater # on each review, you will see that the number jumps. That is because the missing numbers were all deleted for violating board rules of posting. Some ex-employees were too specific in their examples and that wasn't allowed. All the deleted reviews were negative.

So really, there were
10 negative reviews
1 neutral
1 positive

Posted on 25 March 2016

Isn't it a form of discredit when you say that maybe the reason of employees not doing well is because of their age, feeling of entitlement, not wanting to work, and bad grammar? It's not that complicated. You should just stop now.

Posted on 24 March 2016

No mystery at all why this employer has bad ratings. All new and old employees that have never met or spoken to one another has the same sort of negative experiences with this company. Not everyone can be wrong, and one person is right (the one person that flip flops, doesn't answer or own up to their inconsistency, and then calls this whole situation ridiculous. It is definitely ridiculous). They do play favorites though. I will always stand up for myself.

Heres a few more
All harshly negative

I know the employees there right now... All negative feedback, they are very miserable and dieing to leave. They either dont have the courage to leave or feel stuck since they are used to making a certain salary now since Auctionmaxx does pay very well which I always stated was one of the very few positives.

Have a great weekend and feel free to check out all the oher reviews in the links below:)

Posted on 24 March 2016

I can GARUNTEE you that what I have claimed is true. Don't care if you believe or not. People can take from it what they want. There are only 4 ratings that I see on this board. 2 negative, 1 positive and the other one is neutral. Like I stated many times before my opinion is mine and I have never tried to discredit any other opinion. I don't have time to read long essays or write them. Have a great Easter Weekend.

Posted on 24 March 2016

No mystery as to why this employer has bad ratings, dealing with you people on a daily basis must be a nightmare.

Posted on 24 March 2016

You created this ridiculousness with your inconsistency and back peddling. I can garuntee that if you go straight there and ask the current employees of what happens in this company, you will see that it is consistent with our claims. Your truth is yours and ours is ours. Have a great day!

Posted on 24 March 2016

This is becoming ridiculous. Not going to give up my life story of employment history anymore then you are. My comment is the truth and whether or not you believe it doesn't matter. These employers never used abusive, inappropriate, or derogatory language to me or in ear shot of me. As far as I am concerned they are great employers and would definitely work for them again. Its a shame that web sites like this exist, since it is mostly a sounding board for complaints, and apparently compliments are met with hostility. Have a great day everyone!!!

Posted on 24 March 2016

Seems as though "Jon G"s comments are inconsistent. First you say you worked for the employer for 5 years. Then it's 5 years total from employers 'previous company and Auctionmaxx. And now you say that you have worked 5 plus years at the previous company, and at Auctionmaxx for 1 year. So which one is it?
Then, you say that they were the best people you know and that you only have good things to say about them. After some exchange in comments, you then say that you worked closely with management and never once heard them speak to employers in an abusive way. You also mentioned that things went sideways and there was a tense environment, but there were never any rude, abusive or inappropriate language used. THEN you say that the reason why no one saw you and you didn't see any employees is because you worked at the previous company and went to their Christmas party. But then, how can you explain the point where you made it seem like you saw what went on during work hours between employers and employees? So you were there or you weren't there? For a critical thinker, you sure flip flop a lot. It's no wonder the replies you are receiving are the way they are. You should probably make up your mind and stick to one story because it's not helping your situation.

Posted on 24 March 2016

I will stand by my opinion that you did not work for auctionmaxx as I would have 100% known who you are. Inspector gadget? You are cute but I am calling you out on your claims which you have provided no evidence to back up. I was alot closer with management than most and they would have atleast mentioned you once if you exisited especially considering this position the position you were doing. I knew all employees which weren't many plus I knew exactly how things were handled with all listings. Especially how your stating you were there from the begining which solidifies that your claim is false. Nothing you have stated warrant your claim. As far as the bottom line goes... This review board is for rate my employer Auctionmaxx (not rate previous experiences with past businesses owned by the owner)

How can you review being employeed with Auctionmaxx if you were never once in the building or worked a day in the environment. Your review is based soley on your previous experience with their previous business (gaming or amazon) which everything your saying can very well be true and they could have great employers back then. This board is strictly about employee experiences with Auctionmaxx and the work enviornment there which you have absoultely none of since you were never present (even if your fictional claim is true). Drop the discussion as your points hold no weight to this board in regards to reviewing this employer so other future interested employees can read and learn before making a decision of applying.

Yup

Posted on 23 March 2016

Well now this thread has become a war of words. Is this positive reviewer lying? Does the person claiming a false review just have an "ax to grind?" Oh the suspense. Here's my take:

It is true that everyone is going to have their own individual opinions about people. The positive reviewer (which I will name Jon G just for random sake) may very well have had a positive experience with management. If this "Jon G" did work in the same building as the disgruntled workers, then yes I would question this one's integrity in terms of not noticing the negative environment created. If this "Jon G" in fact did not work in the warehouse, then it would be difficult for him to know what went on in that building.

In that case, "Jon G," I hope you can you understand that those working in the warehouse had negative experiences not because of an "ax to grind" or anything with their personalities. You have to understand that management could be abusive and very demoralizing at times. This isn't an exaggeration. This is an honest re-telling of how they were in the building with the employees. I'm sure outside of work, the three of them are cool and fun to be around. That still doesn't excuse their attitudes in the workplace. It just doesn't.

The reality is more people have had bad experiences with this company than good. Majority does seem to win in this case. "Jon G," you have to admit to that at least. I won't say you are lying or not. I just want you to understand everyone else's opinions on the company and that there are not due to an "ax to grind" or "sour grapes." Their experiences are just are real as yours.

Posted on 23 March 2016

WOW, you do need a job!! I hear Auctionmaxx is hiring!!!

Posted on 23 March 2016

Also, I forgot to mention about your comment on never allowing an employer to treat you that way? Well, as I mentioned earlier, it's because of money, but also, some people just need more time to realize that this isn't right and finally have the courage to leave. Everyone's different in their approach. But since since you worked there, I found it hard to imagine that you would have forgot the part when the whole staff quit. The part when they all agreed and decided that enough was enough. See, that's when it happened. Everyone did, and continue to do, eventually.

Posted on 23 March 2016

I am only asking you politely if you can clarify. You actually did not give those information. You said you worked 5 years total from another company of the employer and I asked how long did you work for only this actual company. You also did not mention your position. This info may stop others from feeling like this is a fake review. Since you chose not to, then that's your choice, but be prepared to have others challenging your overly positive experience, as everyone working there has had the opposite experience. I see that you have deleted your previous comment. You've deleted the part where your writing style and sayings are similar to management and you write about how they were some of the best people you know, but I just find it odd that you refuse to clarify to help out these people you think so highly of. If I were defending really good people, I would clarify and answer any questions because I have nothing to hide. But again, it is up to you. I wrote that you resorted to insults because you did just that to the previous commentator about their grammar. You proposed that his downfall with the company may be because of his spelling. That is insulting to place blame on his grammar being the reason he is not still with the company. I can tell you with confidence that it is not about his grammar. Everyone who quit has the same reason. Management did this often. They would say rude, demeaning things and then think about it later. Another insult was when you wrote about workers being young. All employees at Auctionmaxx are of age and I don't believe 20's & 30's to be young. The employers chose them for a reason. Age doesn't have anything to do with work ethics. The employees at Auctionmaxx are actually really great, smart people. You should know that cus you worked there, right? But the employers do not deserve such great employees. Every comment is allowed, obviously. But when your experience is so utterly opposite of every single person I have spoken to (and it's a lot of people, including the ones that were fired or quit). It makes sense to be suspicious. From your response, it seems as though you did not work at the actual warehouse because we got yelled at constantly. Employees spoke to each other regularly about how bad the incidents were. There are many examples that I can retell. Too many to even remember, actually. But I will hold my tongue because this board has strict regulations to posting. A lot of the time, people just really need the money. They think that they can handle the abuse for some time because pay is good. But there comes a point when you just can not take it anymore. It's not worth your sanity, health and dignity for money.

Hey guess what? I'm also an adult and so are all the other people that have worked there. The problem with government agencies is that they fail us miserably. You need proof of their misconduct. However, they do not allow us to have our cellphones on us so we can not have the proof needed. Some incidents involve only certain coworkers and they would have to report it themselves. But again, without proof, it is very hard. I never want to experience working for them again but if I had to I would sneak a recording of their mistreatment. Also, I will continue to comment on whatever site I please because potential employees should be made aware of these things, if they choose to do research on them.

Yes, this is your opinion, but we have the same right that you do to have an opinion about your opinion. You choose not to reply to other comments and that's fine. We choose to reply to your comment because we feel strongly that it is false. We give you reasons why we feel it is false and ask you to clarify but you refuse to do so and continue to announce that it is your opinion. After reading your comments, I still believe that this is a fake review.

I would not spend my time writing all of this because I am a "disgruntled employee" or I have "an axe to grind". I strongly believe in my statements and I just don't want anybody else to go through what we have all been through.

Posted on 23 March 2016

Once again from my original post I voiced "MY OPINION" of these employers. I worked closely with the mentioned people in management and never once heard them speak to employees in an abusive way. Sure there were times when things went sideways and it was a tense environment to work in for a short time but there was never any abusive,rude or inappropriate language used. You think I resort to insults in response to peoples comments, no I reply in kind, if you are going to call me a liar I will defend myself. I did not come on this board to make waves or create falsehoods, I posted my comment because it was my experience with the company, I did not realize that only negative comments where allowed. I have read other peoples ratings of this company and felt no need to comment on them because their experiences are their own, they do not have to justify them to me. I do not need to clarify how long my employment was or what my position was, I have already given that information. My question, to the last poster on this thread, why is it so important to you to try and discredit my comment? I am not management trying to give myself a positive review, I am a former employee giving MY OPINION of this employer. If you say all these horrible things happened then why would you stay after the first incident? I am an adult and would never allow an employer to treat me that way. There are government agencies that deal with this type of situation, maybe you should take your concerns to them and stop commenting on a web site that will not help you out in the long run. Just to clarify I am not trying to be insulting, I'm using my critical thinking skills to help guide you to a better resolution to your problem.

Posted on 23 March 2016

I think you can understand how your review may seem suspicious or a lie. Please clarify the length of time with this actual company, and not just the employer in total. It will give readers a better understanding of your position with them for the length of time you spent working for Auctionmaxx. Also, please clarify what position you worked as (lister, warehouse, or counter). If you worked outside normal positions, such as a truck driver, please clarify because they only post job listings for these positions and job seekers are looking for details on the position they're applying for. If you indeed worked for this company, you would have spoken to other employees (which we all do speak to each other and all agree on the misconduct of employees). You would have been there for all the times we got yelled at or punished for things we didn't do. This happens at least once a week. Sometimes several times a day, depending on the ever changing mood swings of the owner & manager. You would've been there for all the inappropriate, rude, egotistical things that were said to employees. You would've heard management say to employees, "are you stupid?!" I could go on and on. If you did in fact work for Auctionmaxx, you would have experienced all those things and more because it was not hidden. It was in plain sight and very verbally & mentally abusive. From reading your comments, I agree with the others that this is a fake review made by the manager, or a combination of the manager & owners wife. They have the same writing style, the same sayings and the same habit of resorting to insults instead of thinking critically about why others' reviews are a certain way. Perhaps it isn't because we all have "an axe to grind". Perhaps it is because we have all been mistreated so tremendously that we feel it to be a moral obligation to let other potential employees know about this company, in hopes of saving them from the same kind of stress, negativity and demeaning nature of these employers. Since you're here all week, I hope that you will be able to clarify things.

Posted on 23 March 2016

Your grammar isn't grade A either and plus this is a message board not an English exam. I know every employee that worked there for the first 2 years and you are 100% not one of them. Also, management can't do half of what they requested from their employees. Prime example : won't mention names but short blonde hair who caused half the staff to quit because of her poor attitude and lack of management skills. Or maybe, just maybe this is her trying to write positive reviews to defend the company. Good Day:) The other employee reviews validate my points on this site and others.

Posted on 20 March 2016

Sorry to hear that this company did not work out for you. Perhaps your language skills, such as written were your down fall since this company depends on data input. My experience was mine and your experience was yours, they're just very opposite. I don't know you but I don't find that suspicious. The management there does not ask for anymore then they themselves are willing to do. Have a great day!

Posted on 20 March 2016

You didnt work for auctionmaxx from a previous employer or else I would know you especially since your stating you were with auctionmaxx near the start. Why write lieing reviews? I find that suspcious. In regards to your comment about the younger generation being entitiled and not wanting to work, first off I am not young and neither was alot of the other employees who worked at the same time of my long employment. This company does not value hard work as I was a prime example. Read all the reviews from ex-employees and I guarantee all the current employees are miserable aswell. This is simply due to the atmosphere in that work environment and unqualified bad management. Take care

Posted on 20 March 2016

As I have stated in a previous comment, I worked for the exact same employers under a different company name, but also did work for Auctionmaxx. I have no reason to lie but I do smell sour grapes. Perhaps so many negative comments have to do with the age of ex-employees, since the younger generation tend to be entitled and not really interested in actually working for a living, but I could be wrong. Like I have stated previously this was my experience and I stand by it. Good luck in your future job search.

Posted on 19 March 2016

Posted on 19 March 2016

I'm an ex-employee. There's a lot of negativity at this company. I've spoken to every single employee at the time of my employment and no one was happy at Auctionmaxx. You must have been the one lucky person to have had a good experience.

Posted on 8 March 2016

If the company actually made a positive impact on employees' lives yet ceased employment on a good note, they would more than likely recommend the job to assist in the company's growth. Your review most certainly feels like an attempt to counteract the negative responses from "disgruntled ex-employees."

Posted on 4 March 2016

I can only write about what I experienced, this was my honest experience with these employers. If you only want to see the worst then you can find it anywhere. Disgruntled ex employees tend to be very vocal and when I came across these negative reviews that where polar opposite of my experience I felt the need to be vocal as well. Best of luck in your job search.

Posted on 7 October 2015

Suspicious in that all the other reviews of them online are negative, but you "have only good things to say about them". It doesn't make sense to have such polar opposite reviews. Also, I keep seeing their job listings, always in need of employees; making it seem like the other negative reviews are somewhat correct when they say that turnover is high.

Posted on 6 October 2015

People can have more then one business at a time. I worked for them under a different business but also did work for Auctionmaxx. No need to be suspicious.

Posted on 4 October 2015

Auctionmaxx is only 4 years old, how could you have worked for them for 5 years? This is suspicious.

Posted on 3 October 2015