|English Français

Login to Rate My Employer

 

Rate this Employer!



Search for another employer  
Add an Employer
 

Explore 11173 employers and 47420 ratings

  • Thinking about working for amazon? I would rethink that if I were you. Amazon is so new in Edmonton that no one had any idea what the roles were, how they worked and how amazon runs things. I have only been there for a few months and it feels like years; literally every day I want to throw myself off a bridge, it's that bad. My first day should have been my first red flag, so disorganized and chaotic, no one had a clue what they were doing and still don't. "Training" for the most part made no sense and then I find out that I wasn't even trained properly to begin with which was a huge safety concern. Think you are joining a company who respects people, treats them fairly and promotes an environment of equal opportunities? Think again. 92% of the workforce is a certain specific group and those are the only people who get moved into other positions because they were hired by their cousin or father or whoever. If you are doing math in your head, that leaves a generous 8% estimate of other people, 8%!
    Bullying, favoritism, discrimination, racism, ageism and any other isms you can think of are rampant here and continued even after clear examples of this unacceptable behavior were pointed out and reported. Everything is a popularity contest and if you aren’t liked you lose and it doesn’t matter if you are qualified for a different role or want to move up the ladder. Have an education? No one cares. You will be a minority here and you will feel it, you will be talked about in a language that’s not English and this will happen right in front of you. You will be accused of the most ridiculous things you have ever heard in your life like harassment for just being friendly and nice and you will definitely be accused of not working if the scanner you hold all day does not have enough “activity”. Other departments will make loads of mistakes but if you scan the wrong thing or if it was coded wrong, good luck, it’s your fault whether it was or not.
    You will try your best but it will never be good enough as the micro management is on a level so insane that I do not even have a word for it. If you are questioned about something such as not being able to scan something and you don’t have an answer, you will be monitored for most of the day which is incredibly impractical and this will happen even if you did nothing wrong. Several people with computers monitor you all day long waiting to yell at you for making one mistake, sometimes it seems like they can’t wait.My manager has no idea what is going on, no management experience but was hired anyways, has no idea how to talk to people, encourage them or solve problems.That doesn’t seem to matter as long as you are on board with the Amazon way of thinking.Think you did something awesome to help someone?No one cares; in fact it won’t be mentioned at all. Prevented an accident? That’s nice;no one cares so don’t expect to get any credit for your outstanding reasoning and defensive driving skills because it’s not coming.Praise,moral or appreciation doesn’t exist here so if you like any of those things, look elsewhere.People called “process assistants”are the laziest,most condescending,arrogant and spiteful people I have ever met.They are never wrong even when they are and since you are at the bottom of the totem pole, it’s always your fault.I have never worked for a company where sweatpants are the dress code,so ridiculous and unprofessional.If you make too many mistakes, even if it’s the scanners fault or a different department,sucks to be you,you will be pulled off the machines called PITs (which by the way you are tethered to for 10 hours a day like a slave prisoner while standing the whole time) and banished to the “time out” room like a five year old,yes I’m serious,so management can fudge the productivity numbers. After 90 days,this gets turned into written warnings and again, even if it wasn’t your fault. Horrible place, turnover is off the chart,stay away! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

    Posted on 24 February 2021 by Rater #1 | Flag as inappropriate

    Was this review helpful? 8 1

Comments

Amazon is trying to hire again. Their post says
that one of the benefits of working there is to work
for a top employer. I wonder if they could be alittle
more delusional.

Posted on 19 April 2021

Add Comment


Your email address is used for validation purposes only and is kept private in accordance with our privacy policy.