Alberta Health Services

Industry: Health Care, Social Assistance

• For such a large employer, this company sure does drop the ball... a lot. Missed pay, horrible management, and a very uninviting atmosphere to work in. Management is made up of people with seniority, not experience or skill. They also like to place people with knowledge in one area into a department that has nothing to do with their education, background, or expertise. Very scary to think this is Alberta's healthcare provider. Since the merge of the former health regions, upper management has been one giant revolving door, do or say something that someone higher than you doesn't agree with and your out. Make one tiny mistake at the beginning of your employment with AHS and you will be constantly belittled for it the rest of the time you are there. Once you leave, you better hope you actually get your last paycheque. Even making a claim with Alberta Employment Standards doesn't light a fire under their payroll department. All in all, one of the worst employers I have had so far. Even if AHS is the only employer in Alberta, I would move instead of working for them ever again.

Posted on 10 December 2012 by Rater #13 | Flag as inappropriate

Comments

Amen I was pushed out of an admin job after one week because I disagreed with management. I mentioned I did not like to be micro managed as that was their style and they set to firing me for being unsuitable. I quit before they could do damage and I will never work for them again.

Posted on 19 December 2013

Did you work in back-office administration? Or did you work in a patient-facing role?

Posted on 10 December 2012